Whitney Houston was a force to reckon with for her high class performance and deep love for music before she sadly passed away in February 11, 2012 in Beverly Hills, California, USA.
The celebrated artiste lost her life in an accidental drowning caused by heart disease and cocaine use, leaving millions of her fans and her family heart broken over her demise.
She is celebrated world wide for songs such as ‘I will always love you, ‘I am every woman’ and ‘I wanna dance with somebody ‘ which are still a favourite to many years after her death.
Here are things you did not know about the late Whitney Houston
1. She is part African, part Native American and part Dutch.
2. She is the third and youngest child in the family
She has one biological brother Michael Houston and a step brother Gary Houston John III and a step sister Alana
3. She is the daughter of gospel star Cissy Houston, cousin of singing star Dionne Warwick and god daughter of soul legend Aretha Franklin.
4. Her much documented drug use began and was documented in March 1993 and by 1996 she was a daily user.
5. She is buried in the same cemetery where her late father John Russell Houston Jr., died in 2003.
6. She was a fashion model before she started singing professionally.
7. She was a mother of one at the age of 29, a daughter named Bobby Kristina whom she had fathered with Bobby Brown.
8. Before she finally became a mother she had suffered three miscarriages during her relationship with Bobby Brown: in 1991, 1994 and 1996.
9. She Delivered her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown via emergency Caesarean section after a 14-hour labour, sadly Bobby Kristina passed away at age 22 on July 26, 2015.
Before her death, she had been in a medically induced coma for the past 6 months after being found unconscious face down in her bathtub.
10. The late Whitney Houston was a second cousin of David Elliott and Damon Elliott.
11. She became a backup singer on the Michael Zager Band at the age of 14
After her death it emerged that the late Whitney had been sexually abused by a female family member when she was a child.
The singer’s oldest brother, Gary, disclosed on camera that the alleged abuser was the star’s late cousin Dee Dee Warwick, sister of singer Dionne Warwick.