Sauti Sol's Savara cancels his US tour last minute, explains why

The Madaraka Festival is a music and cultural festival launched in 2014.

Kenyan musician alias Savara will unfortunately miss the upcoming Madaraka Festival in the United States where he was to perform.

Savara was one of the members of Sauti Sol band before they split up for each one of them to work on their personal projects.

He was to be among the may artists from Africa who were to perform during the much hyped festival.

Savara has been frustrated due to the visa delays that he is facing which has made him miss the event.

However he said on an alternative he is trying to work on with his promoters by rescheduling his tour dates.

"Dear Fans,I regret to inform you that due to unforeseen visa delays, I will not be able to travel to the United States for the upcoming Madaraka Festival. I understand how disappointing this news is, and I share in your frustration.

However, I am actively working with the promoters to reschedule my tour dates for later this year. We are committed to making this happen and will announce the new dates as soon as they are confirmed in collaboration with the Madaraka Festival team.

Thank you for your understanding and continued support. I look forward to seeing you soon and making it up to you with an unforgettable performance. Stay tuned for more updates via @madarakafestival," read Savara's statement. 

Early this week Nyanshinski also disclosed that he will not be performing at the 2024 US Madaraka Festival due to Visa delays.

However, the organizers of the Madaraka festival have also postponed the event. This is due to the visa processing issues that have been affecting their top performers like Savara and Nyashinski.

They assured the people who had acquired their tickets that Ticketmaster would be sending emails to them with instructions and information on refunds.

Refunds will be available at the point of purchase.

They have urged their fans to be keen on following up with the updates as they will promptly announce the rescheduled dates for the Madaraka Festival USA Tour,

The Madaraka Festival is a music and cultural festival launched in 2014. 

It aims to empower diversity and inclusion in Seattle communities by deepening the relationship between African and African American communities. 

It also purposed to foster partnerships with other international communities to shift the narrative and honor cultural dynamics.

The founder is a Kenyan, based in the US, Okelo Javan. He started his work in music events in Kenya before he moved to the US in 2010.

This year’s event will be its 10th anniversary. it will be in Seattle and will be held at the Neptune Theatre on June 17. 

Okelo wants Madaraka to be a platform for African artists in the US, as 90% of festival artists travel from Africa, with the other 10% being US-based.