Celine Dion is the queen of vocal climaxes. Let us all agree with that.
In her nearly 31-year career, the 51-year-old singer has wowed fans with big, powerful ballads like “My Heart Will Go On” and “Because You Loved Me.”
Here are some things to note about her voice.
- Celine is known to have a 5-octave vocal range which is considered as one of the most powerful voices in pop music.
I present to you: Celine Dion’s vocal warm up exercises. pic.twitter.com/56xUtyWXRm
— celine vocals (@CelineOracle) October 4, 2021
2. The New York Times has written that she’s a kind of singer who has a high, slightly nasal, thin and smooth voice; an excellent soprano possessing a variety of technical skills. The publication also said she can create smart melismas, sustain long notes that do not waver even a single pitch, and can produce impressive vocal catches that are only distinguished to singing voices exclusively.
3. Music maestros say Celine’s voice slides from whispers into high notes easily combining her powerful voice with grace.
4. Her longest note lasts 15 seconds. The vocal range of Celine Don is Bb2 – C6 – E6 with the most extended note of 15 seconds duration.
5. Her vocal type is Lyric Soprano with three octaves and three notes.