How good are your culinary skills girls? Be honest.
A research sometime back suggested that women finally become perfect cooks at the grand old age of 55.
The said research showed that by the time they reach their mid-fifties, the female of the species has learned how to cater for parties of 12 or more, throw together random ingredients to make a decent meal, and rescue a dinner that has gone awry.
By 55 the typical women will also have the ability to produce 15 meals on a regular basis all cooked from scratch.
Take this checklist and see how good a cook you are:
- Make gravy so that it is not runny
- Can cook fried eggs without breaking the yolk
- Can cook the perfect boiled egg
- Cook beef until it’s not tender not tough
- Cook carrots until they are aldente rather than soggy
- Cook broccoli which isn’t mushy
- Can rustle up more than 15 ‘regular’ dishes
- Can throw random ingredients together to make something delicious
- Is confident about throwing dinner parties for 12
- Know what herbs compliment meat
- Can differentiate between herbs
- Can get all elements of a roast dinner ready at the same time
- Can rescue a meal which looks like it is going wrong
- Can cook bread from scratch
- Cooks sauces from scratch rather than using jarred alternatives
- Can make ice cream from scratch
- Can make pasta from scratch
- Happy to replicate celebrity recipes
- Throw ingredients in without weighing when baking
- Bake cakes such as Victoria sponge and lemon drizzle cake regularly