Horrified women have slammed a rule book which claims to detail the ’30 ways to keep your husband’.
The list of rules was posted to US-based Facebook page ‘That’s it, I’m wedding shaming’, by an anonymous guest who revealed it had been posted to a wedding planning group she was part of.
The controversial guidelines include the advice to ‘never to raise your voice at your husband’ and to ‘provide regular sex so he doesn’t stray’, and the unnamed original author claimed that many of the points were backed up by passages from the bible.
Posting the screengrabs to the page, the horrified guest wrote: ‘Titled ’30 ways to keep your husband’ and shared in a wedding planning group. So many people were happily tagging their partners!’.
The advice quickly racked up over a thousand likes and outraged comments.
Titled ‘Every woman should read these godly rules for women’, the first rule on behavior reads: ‘Never raise your voice for any reason to your husband. It’s a sign of disrespect’.
Referring to housework, another reads: ‘Never forget that your husband married you, not your maid or anyone else. Do your duties’.
And perhaps the most controversial rule advised women to keep their husband satisfied in the bedroom department – or another woman would.
30 ways for a ‘godly woman’ to keep her husband
Every woman should read these 30 rules for godly women.
Men: Your future wife should read this
1. Never raise your voice for any reason to your husband. It’s a sign of disrespect.
2. Don’t expose your husband’s weaknesses to your family and friends. It will bounce back at you. You are each other’s keeper.
3. Never use attitudes and moods to communicate with your husband, you never know how your husband will interpret them. Defensive women don’t have a happy home.
4. 4. Never compare your husband to other men, you’ve no idea what their life is all about. If you attack his ego, his love for you will diminish.
5. Never ill treat your husband’s friends because you don’t like them, the person who’s supposed to get rid of them is your husband.
6. Never forget that your husband married you, not your maid or anyone else. Do your duties.
7. Never assign anyone to give attention to your husband, people may do everything else but your husband is your own responsibility.
8. Never blame your husband if he comes back home empty handed. Rather encourage him.
9. Never be a wasteful wife. Your husband’s sweat is too previous to be wasted.
10. Never pretend to be sick for the purpose of denying your husband sex. You must give it to him how he wants it. Sex is very important to men. If you keep denying him, it is a matter of time before another woman takes over that duty. No man can withstand sex starvation for too long (even the anointed ones).
11. Never compare your husband to your one time sex mate in bedroom, or an Ex-lover. Your home may Never recover from it if you do.
12. Never answer for your husband in public opinion polls, let him handle what is directed to him although he may answer for you in public opinion polls.
13. Never shout or challenge your husband in front of children. Wise Women don’t do that.
14. Don’t forget to check the smartness of your husband before he checks out.
15. Never allow your friends to be too close to your husband.
16. Never be in a hurry in the bathroom and on the dressing table. Out there your husband is always surrounded by women who took their time on their looks
17. Your parents of family or friends do not have the final say in your marriage. Don’t waste your time looking up to them for a final word. You must Leave if you want to Cleave
18. Never base your love on monetary things. Will you still submit to him even if you earn more money than him?
19. Don’t forget that husbands want attention and good listeners, never be too busy for him. Good communication is the bedrock of every happy home.
20. If your idea is better than his, never compare yourself to him. It’s always teamwork.
21. Don’t be too judgmental to your husband. No man wants a nagging wife
22. A lazy wife is a careless wife. She doesn’t even know that her body needs a bath.
23. Does your husband like a kind of cooked food? Try change your cooking. No man jokes with food.
24. Never be too demanding to your husband, enjoy every moment, resource as it comes.
25. Make a glass of water the very first welcome to your husband and everyone entering your home. Sweetness of attitude is true beauty.
26. Don’t associate with women who have a wrong mental attitude about marriage.
27. Your marriage is as valuable to you as the value that you give it. Recklessness is unacceptable.
28. Fruit of the womb is a blessing from the Lord, love your children and teach them well.
29. You are never too old to influence your home. Never reduce your care for your family for any reason.
30. A prayerful wife is a better equipped wife, pray always for your husband and family