Many young women of today prefer giving birth through caesarian section as opposed to having the normal birth.
Doctors say that the young women are “too posh to push” but many are not aware of the health risks that come with caesarian section.
This procedure can ruin your sex life as it is more risky and takes a longer time for one to heal.
According to the Telegraph, A gynaecologist by the name Dr. Arun Ghosh says that C-section will help you retain vaginal tightness, which is great for your partner, but there’s nothing about the procedure which is great for you as a woman.
He then gives these reasons:
1. Caesarean sections can actually make vaginal intercourse more painful.
2. There’s a greater risk of surgical scarring around your uterus, and you’re much more vulnerable to infection.
3. There’s also the hormone issue to consider. With a vaginal birth, your body gets to release all the hormones that have been built up over the course of the pregnancy which doesn’t happen during a C-section.
4. Dramatic hormone changes can cause anorgasmia, which means that you can’t orgasm regardless of what’s happening in the vaginal area. There’s a greater chance of this happening following a c-section as your hormonal balance isn’t naturally restored.
5. Vaginal birth is generally best for the baby, too. According to him, babies are more likely to have breathing difficulties if they come out before they’re ready.
Dr. Arun advices that unless its an emergency or in cases where the baby is too big it is advisable for one to have a normal vaginal birth as opposed to Caesarian section, he says “why have an operation when you don’t need one?”