Jeremy Clarkson Signs Deal With Amazon

Former BBC Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed a new deal to present a new car show on Amazon via their  streaming service in what is seen as one of the biggest coups in TV history.

The programme is set to go live next year and will be produced by former Top Gear executive Andy Wilman, who is an old friend of Clarkson’s and is credited with revamping Top Gear and turning it into the world’s most successful factual TV show.

The deal ends months of speculation about the future of the trio following Clarkson’s spectacular departure from the BBC after 27 years, followed by his teammates.

BBC director general Tony Hall refused to renew the 55 year old’s contract after a notorious “fracas” at a Yorkshire hotel in March when Top Gear’s frontman hit producer Oisin Tymon during a row about catering arrangements.

Co-presenters Hammond and May also bowed out saying that working with Clarkson’s replacement – later revealed to be Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans was “a non-starter.

-Standard.UK

Jeremy Clarkson Plots Rival Show For TopGear

Top Gear’s new host Chris Evans is already in the driving seat for his new job he was seen taking a supercar for a spin on the show’s test track, the Sunday People reports.

However if he is to keep the show alive, he’d better put his best foot foward as Jeremy Clarkson may soon be on his tail.

Jeremy who was fired in March for punching a producer, now together with James May and Richard Hammond are ­believed to be on the brink of starting a rival show and which they hope will ­overtake Evans’ TopGear.

Chris Evans who was a DJ said he was ­quitting the BBC’s One Show and hit back at Clarkson’s claim the BBC  had offered his job back. Evans said Clarkson must have ­“voices in his head”.

Evans practised for his new job by driving a 202mph Ferrari 458 Spider at the show’s Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey, filming a Top Gear spoof.

Evans signed the Top Gear deal, despite having insisted in the past he did not want Clarkson’s job. The old trio’s last appearance in the show will be on a special on June 28.

But Clarkson, 55, May, 52 and Hammond, 45 – plus executive ­producer Andy Wilman – are ­planning a new car-based TV show.

A close pal of the quartet said it was time to stop licking their wounds and take revenge on BBC bosses by launching a rival car show.

New Top Gear Host Looking For Co-Host

Chris Evans is to hold auditions to find a co-host to join him on Top Gear and is asking members of the public with a passion for cars to put themselves forward.

He told viewers that the gender, age, or race doesn’t matter. The one thing that matter is a real appetite for cars.

Former presenter James (May) and Richard (Hammond) were found was by auditioning.

Anyone who wants to appear on the show must make a short video, lasting no longer than 30 seconds, to post on a website.

The website address will be released on Friday morning.

The former presenter Jeremy, James and Richard sent their message of congratulations.

-Skynews

TopGear Replaces Jeremy Clarkson

After Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by BBC for hitting a producer, Top Gear was shelfed for a while as they decided whether they will replace Jeremy or not.

A decision has been made and Chris Evans will replace Jeremy Clarkson as the lead presenter of an all-new Top Gear line-up, the BBC has announced.

Evans said he was “thrilled” to get the job, describing the motoring show as his “favourite programme of all time”.

Clarkson was dropped in March after punching a producer while on location.

Car enthusiast Evans, who has signed a three-year deal with the BBC Two show, had been tipped to replace his good friend Clarkson but had previously insisted he was not interested.

An “all-new” line-up means Clarkson’s co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May will not be involved.

The BBC’s David Sillito said that while Chris Evans was a household name, Clarkson had a long-running association with Top Gear and his were big shoes to fill.

Top gear final scenes to be screened soon

The final scenes recorded by Jeremy Clarkson for Top Gear will be screened later this year, the boss of BBC2 says.

The footage was shot prior to Clarkson’s suspension over an altercation with a producer and will likely go to air this summer.

The TV host was suspended by the BBC amid an internal investigation into the attack on producer Oisin Tymon.

His contract was subsequently not renewed, with BBC director-general Tony Hall saying a “line has been crossed”.

North Yorkshire Police said that following its own investigation Clarkson would not face further police action over the incident.

Ms Shillinglaw said that while she will “definitely” look at appointing a female host to replace Clarkson, she added it is “not a driving priority”.

In his column in The Sun newspaper on Saturday, Clarkson admitted he would “miss” presenting the show.

“Heartfelt thanks to all those who have written to say how much they will miss me on Top Gear,” he wrote. “It’s not as much, however, as I’ll miss being there.”

Sky news

Jeremy Clarkson set to appear on a rebranded show

Jeremy Clarkson is set to appear again on stage with Richard Hammond and James May, with whom he presented the BBC’s Top Gear.

A deal has been done to fulfil a series of live shows that were planned before the presenter was dropped from the show for hitting a producer.

The gigs will be stripped of all BBC branding and content and will be called Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.

BBC Worldwide said it had agreed the tour could continue “so as to not disappoint fans”.

A spokesman called it “a sensible approach in the circumstances as thousands of people around the world had already bought tickets.

The shows will take place in venues around the world including Australia, Norway, South Africa and the UK.

Live shows that were due to take place in Stavanger, Norway earlier this month have been re-scheduled to 20 and 21 June.

A Top Gear Festival planned for Sydney in April will instead become an indoor arena show.

The live show dates are:

  • 22 – 24 May – Belfast
  • 5 – 7 June – Sheffield
  • 13 – 14 June – South Africa
  • 20-21 June – Norway
  • 28 – 29 November – London O2

Clarkson was dropped by the BBC earlier this month following a “fracas” with a Top Gear producer.

There is no news yet as to whether fellow presenters James May and Richard Hammond will return to the show.

BBC Drops Jeremy Clarkson as Top Gear Host

BBC will not renew Jeremy Clarkson’s Top Gear contract. Clarkson has officially been fired as the host after an “unprovoked physical attack” on a Top Gear producer according to BBC’s director general, Tony Hall. Clarkson had been suspended on 10th March following that alleged physical and verbal attack on the producer Oisin Tymon.

Tony Hall’s full statement on Jeremy’s sacking
“It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.
I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March. Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report. I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background. I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion. The main facts are not disputed by those involved.

I want to make three points.

First – The BBC is a broad church. Our strength in many ways lies in that diversity. We need distinctive and different voices but they cannot come at any price. Common to all at the BBC have to be standards of decency and respect. I cannot condone what has happened on this occasion. A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.

Second – This has obviously been difficult for everyone involved but in particular for Oisin. I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident. He has behaved with huge integrity throughout. As a senior producer at the BBC he will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future.

Third – Obviously none of us wanted to find ourselves in this position. This decision should in no way detract from the extraordinary contribution that Jeremy Clarkson has made to the BBC. I have always personally been a great fan of his work and Top Gear. Jeremy is a huge talent. He may be leaving the BBC but I am sure he will continue to entertain, challenge and amuse audiences for many years to come.

The BBC must now look to renew Top Gear for 2016. This will be a big challenge and there is no point in pretending otherwise. I have asked Kim Shillinglaw to look at how best we might take this forward over the coming months. I have also asked her to look at how we put out the last programmes in the current series.”

Jeremy has been fired despite petitions garnering over one million signatures from Top Gear fans. He has since changed his twitter handle to “I used to be a presenter on the BBC2 motoring show, Top Gear.”

Jeremy’s twitter profile

Screenshot from 2015-03-25 17:53:40

Jeremy Clarkson set for new show on BBC

After his suspension from Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson could be back on BBC as host of the “Have I Got News For You”.

The presenter who is the subject of an internal inquiry after he was involved in a “fracas” with a producer on the motoring show BBC

Details indicate that  he is due to record the satirical panel show in May.

A producer from Hat Trick, which makes the show, told the Broadcasting Press Guild that he thought Clarkson was “a fantastic broadcaster”.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned he is hosting Have I Got News for You, the BBC has not told me what to do yet and it will be an interesting conversation.”

He joked: “Maybe we will get the producer on so he can hit Jeremy Clarkson live on television.”

The BBC declined to comment on whether Clarkson’s suspension, if it is still in force, would cover an appearance on a separate show.

BBC viewership affected by Jeremy’s suspension

BBC’s decision to postpone the remaining episodes of Top Gear has seen it lose millions of viewers and receive thousands of complaints.

The latest episodes which were to be aired on Sunday night were replaced by a Red Arrows documentary which pulled in just one million viewers – compared to the five million who regularly tune in for the popular motoring show.

The BBC has refused to say how many viewers have contacted it about its decision to suspend Jeremy Clarkson and postpone the remaining episodes but it is believed to be in the thousands.

Communications watchdog Ofcom said it had received more than 100 complaints, with a spokesman saying it will take no action as it “can only assess a breach of the broadcasting code if a show has actually aired”.

The BBC’s inquiry into Clarkson’s Top Gear “fracas” has started – less than a week since it announced the presenter was suspended after allegedly punching producer Oisiin Tymon after filming for the show during a row over a hot meal at a hotel.

A BBC spokesman said: “The BBC’s position is the one we set out in a statement last week. We have an investigation led by Ken MacQuarrie to establish the facts and people should wait for the outcome of that.”