Ole Lenku loses his father

President Uhuru Kenyatta has sent a message of condolence to the family of Mzee Lenku ole Mpaa who died on Monday morning.

The late Mzee ole Mpaa was father to former Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph ole Lenku.

Kenyatta described him as a distinguished Maasai leader who contributed immensely to his community’s development.

He said Mzee ole Mpaa was an illustrious servant of the people whose determination saw him rise through the ranks in Administration to reach the position of Senior Chief.

“Mzee ole Mpaa had the virtue of being a good organizer with excellent administrative skills,” the President said.

The President noted that Mzee ole Mpaa was also a man of enormous influence and outstanding ability among his peers. He was respected by those who interacted with him.

The President said: “His exemplary virtues of hard work and dedication to duty were an inspiration to many of those who had the privilege to work with him,” President Kenyatta said.

“His death is not only a big loss to his family but also to the nation, which he served with commitment and dedication,” President Kenyatta added.

Consoling the bereaved family, the President prayed to God to give them the strength to bear the loss, saying “My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of sorrow.”

– The Star

Ole Lenku set to be appointed as tourism C.S

President Uhuru Kenyatta is set to appoint Joseph ole Lenku as the new Tourism Cabinet Secretary, a source at State House has said.

Tourism is currently under the Ministry of East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism held by Phyllis Kandie. It will be hived off as a soft landing for Lenku.

The source said his appointment as Tourism CS was reached at because he doesn’t have to undergo vetting.

Lenku was sacked after sporadic attacks by the al Shabaab, the latest two, of a bus and a quarry, leaving a total of 64 people dead.

Previously a manager at Utalii hotel, Lenku was replaced by Joseph Nkaissery who was sworn in on Wednesday.

Uhuru is also expected to appoint a new Inspector General of police to replace David Kimaiyo who retired.

The new security law gives the president power to make the appointment.

Sources say that Police Reforms Deputy director Kingori Mwangi is tipped to be the new chief.

-The Star

Ole lenku files a lawsuit against Ahmednassir

This afternoon CS Ole Lenku through his lawyer Donald Kipkorir of KTK Advocates formally filed a libel suit against senior counsel Ahmednasir Abdullahi.

The lawsuit intends to show that through his tweets and commentary on the Sunday Nation, Ahmed Nassir was being driven by hatred and content which were intended to cause ridicule to Ole Lenku.

Ole lenku believes that Mr. AhmedNasir’s comments were based on falsehood and spite.

Given the issues raised  of Ahmednasir’s tweets and opinion piece on the daily nation , this is likely to be a ground breaking libel case considering that it is the first time someone is file a libel suit for defamation carried out via social media avenues of Twitter and Facebook.

 

LSK targets lawyers over social media posts days after Lenku, Ahmednasir spat

Lawyers’ unpleasant posts on social media will equal professional misconduct, the LSK has warned, a day after receiving a complaint from Interior CS Joseph Ole Lenku.

LSK CEO Apollo Mboya said lawyers are bound by the International Bar Association (IBA) Principles on Social Media Conduct for the Legal Profession.

“The guidelines require lawyers to observe and exercise independence, integrity, responsibility, confidentiality, maintain public confidence when posing on social media,” Mboya said.

Mboya said the warning takes effect immediately.

“There are increasing instances of lawyers committing acts amounting to professional misconduct through postings on Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp,” he said.

 

Lawyer Abdullahi replies to OLe Lenku’s allegations of libel

City lawyer Ahmednasir Abdullahi has responded to Interior cabinet secretary Joseph Ole Lenku’s demand for an apology over a tweet accusing the latter of land grabbing. Through lawyer Donald Kipkorir the cabinet secretary had given Abdullahi 24 hours to retract his statement or be charged with misuse of social media.

However, in a  response letter dated Tuesday 4th October 2014, Ahmednasir dismissed the demand as utter “non sense”.

Ahmednassir Abdulahi responds to  Ole Lenku
Ahmednassir Abdulahi responds to Ole Lenku

The spat originated from the tweets below which rubbed Ole Lenku the wrong way

Selection_108