A lobby group is set to hold a peaceful demonstration in Nairobi over the rising cases of land grabbing.
The Kenyans for Justice and Development Trust (Kejude) said it will organise a march from Freedom Corner in Uhuru Park to President Uhuru Kenyatta and Deputy President William Ruto’s offices at Harambee House.
The purpose of the march is to demonstrate the failure by the government to unmask and hold accountable the notorious individuals behind the grabbing of public land.
The lobby group added that it will reveal the name of a known land grabber during the march whose date has not yet been set.
They also gave a list of 14 parcels of land which were allegedly grabbed by the same person.
1. He grabbed the playground at Lang’ata Road Primary School (and attempted to fence it in 2001 but was stopped by the Narc government.)
2. He erected Airport View Estate on Mbagathi Road on land grabbed from Kenya Prisons.
3. Ring Road/ Rhapta Road leafway – he grabbed land meant for a public road next to Hunger House and is currently embroiled in a case with a Somali businessman over the same land.
4. He erected the old Safaricom House on Waiyaki Way on land meant for the construction of Westlands Sub Fire station.
5. He erected the new Safaricom House on Waiyaki Way on land grabbed from the Provincial Administration Police.
6. Grabbed land belonging to KARI Waiyaki Way – the former Veterinary Land next to Kenya Sugar Board Building.
7. He established Aquila Flower Farm in Naivasha on 300 acres of land grabbed from ADC.
8. He grabbed Oltukai Lodge in Amboseli National Park.
9. He grabbed 7 acres of land in Upper Hill Nairobi that had been set aside for the East African Community.
10.He grabbed Railways Senior Staff Houses along Ngong Road, opposite China Center.
11.He grabbed public land on which he erected Eka hotel on Mombasa Road.
12.He grabbed the parking space between Kenindia House and Utalii House and sold it to Mt Kenya University.
13.He grabbed the wetlands opposite St Mary’s gate on Muthangari Road, Westlands, and developed houses on them.
14.He was the grabber of the six plots in Karura Forest which he surrendered following an onslaught by the late Nobel Laureate Prof Wangae Maathai.