Girls how would you rate your relationship with your husband currently?
If things are thick, go through these 20 points and start making a change immediately.
1. Write a list of all the reasons you fell in love and married him. Read it to him, or leave it where he can find it.
2. Be affectionate at all time, with a hug, a wink, a spank on his backside, think out of the box girls. They will love it.
3. Whisper sweet nothings to him. Call, text, whatsapp or send him a naughty DM him at work.
4. Be his ride or die. Drop whatever you are doing if he needs to talk to you about things he is having difficulty with. Sometimes he needs you to just listen, there are times he will ask for your opinion and there may be situations when he wants space. Do not be threatened when he needs time to be alone. Respond with compassion and understanding.
5. Do simple things for him often. Cook and serve his tea, make mandazi, polish his shoes or any small gesture that will make him feel loved and cared for.
6. Dress up for him, put some cute lipstick, or lipbalm if you’re not into beauty products. Dress up the part and flaunt your curves, he will notice and appreciate your effort.
7. Pay attention to his needs. Sometimes we ladies tend to put our kids first, forgetting our husbands need our attention too. Make a conscious effort to take care of your husband and the little things he needs. You might need to mend his shirt, shop for new socks or buy his favourite coffee.
8. Run him a warm bath after a long day at work and hours in traffic. This Nairobi dust can also be something else. Prepare his slippers at the door, rub his back, give him a gentle massage or better yet, share the tub with him.
9. Get up early to prepare his favourite breakfast. Learn to cook if you don’t know how to. It’s true the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
10. Tell his parents about how good a man your husband is. Praise them for raising him the way they did. This will not only please your husband, it will create a bond between you and his family.
11. Make time for date nights, to keep the romance alive. He will always look forward to such moments.
12. Have impromptu parties, get togethers for him, and especially with his friends, can you picture him being the envy of his friends?
13. Assign and celebrate a day each month to be hubby’s day. Tell him it’s his special day, and you and your kids will do everything for him. Show him he is worth celebrating.
14. Drop your kiherehere. Find ways to talk to your husband about your needs without making it sound like you are complaining. Do not make your husband feel inadequate with your grievances, criticism and fault finding.
15. Be the wife any husband will be proud of. Commit to learn new things, improve yourself and develop your own interests.
16. Is he balding, and the pot belly getting bigger? When he gets insecure about his body and age, say kind words of encouragement and reassurance. Declare your devotion all over again. Remind him you married him warts and all, and will continue to love him for the rest of your life.
17. Pray with your husband especially when he is worried about something. He needs to know you are there for him.
18. Stay in bed with him when he is sick.
19. Find reasons to be together. Run errands with him, watch football with him (yes girls do it even if you don’t know what’s going on). He doesn’t really need you, but will appreciate the company.