There will be no host for the Oscars 2019 for the first time in 30 years

There will be no official host at the Oscars for the first time in 30 years after Kevin Hart was forced to quit following the resurfacing of a series of homophobic tweets.

A publicist for the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences told Fox News Monday night that the show would go on without a central host for only the second time in its history.

Instead, presenting duties at the 91st Academy Awards show will be shared among 13 stars including Tina Fey, Whoopi Goldberg, Brie Larson, Daniel Craig and Jennifer Lopez.

Actor and comedian Kevin Hart was forced to step down in December amid a slew of backlash over a series of tweets dating back to 2009, including one in which he said he wouldn’t let his son play with dolls because ‘that’s gay’.

The 39-year-old initially said he wouldn’t stand down from his role and refused to say sorry, because people were ‘looking for reasons to be negative’ and ‘angry’.

But just two hours later, Hart issued an apology to the LGBTQ community and resigned as Oscars host.

‘I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s….this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists,’ the comedian tweeted on December 6, just two days after being named host. ‘I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.’

This year’s ceremony will be the first since the 61st Academy Awards show to air without a main presenter.

The host-less show in 1989 started with an 11-minute musical segment. It was branded an ’embarrassment’ by 17 big names in Hollywood, including Dame Julie Andrews and actor Paul Newman, who wrote a letter slamming Oscar bosses.

‘The 61st Academy Awards show was an embarrassment to both the Academy and the entire motion picture industry,’ the letter stated, according to History.com.

‘It is neither fitting nor acceptable that the best work in motion pictures be acknowledged in such a demeaning fashion.’

Oscars

Chris Evans, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Charlize Theron, Awkwafina, Amandla Stenberg, Tessa Thompson and Constance Wu will also share the stage to present gongs.

After initially being announced as presenter, Kevin Hart shared a heartfelt post revealing it was a dream come true to host the Oscars.

But  a series of tweets dating from 2009 to 2011 surfaced in which the comedian spewed blatant anti-gay rhetoric.

In 2011, he wrote in a since-deleted tweet: ‘Yo if my son comes home & try’s 2 play with my daughters doll house I’m going 2 break it over his head & say n my voice ”stop that’s gay.”

The comedian has since deleted the tweets, but that wasn’t before screen captures began circulating online, gaining widespread criticism.

Earlier in the day, Hart responded to criticism in a way that further inflamed backlash just two days after he was named host of the upcoming Academy Awards.

He wrote on Instagram that critics should ‘stop being negative’. In an accompanying video, a shirtless Hart lounging in bed warily said he wasn’t going to ‘let the craziness frustrate me.’

‘I’m almost 40 years old. If you don’t believe that people change, grow, evolve? I don’t know what to tell you,’ said Hart, who added, in all-caps: ‘I love everybody.’

His refusal to admit fault and apologize for the tweets sparked public outcry for the removal of his hosting gig.

GLAAD, the advocacy group for LGBTQ rights, said it had reached out to Oscars broadcaster ABC, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences and Hart’s management to ‘discuss Kevin’s anti-LGBTQ rhetoric and record.’

Hart’s attitudes about homosexuality were also a well-known part of his stand-up act.

In the 2010 special Seriously Funny, he said ‘one of my biggest fears is my son growing up and being gay.’

‘Keep in mind, I’m not homophobic, I have nothing against gay people, do what you want to do, but me, being a heterosexual male, if I can prevent my son from being gay, I will,’ Hart said in the routine.

Though he refused to apologize for his comments twice, he conceded after several hours.

‘I’m sorry that I hurt people. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again,’ Hart tweeted.

-DAILY MAIL

Read more

An open letter from Bridget Achieng to her baby daddy

The Oscars could go host-less, after Kevin Hart unexpectedly quit the hosting gig!

Organization which runs the Oscars is considering not having a full-time host for this year’s awards show, it has been reported. Motion Picture Academy is scrambling after actor-comedian Kevin Hart unexpectedly quit the hosting gig

Kevin Hart stepped down in response to growing public outrage over years-old homophobic tweets.

Viral Kings! Top online comedians to watch out for in 2019 from Kenya

https://instagram.fnbo5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/5855fd99357c6f2a0fd08d8f0b28ac32/5CA30FD9/t51.2885-15/e35/p1080x1080/46199921_2159674244361470_1865531169994173515_n.jpg

Hart’s offensive tweets were posted nearly a decade ago but it’s current backlash has booted him out of the host gig. In an Instagram video Friday, the comedian said he was not going to apologize for his comments, despite an ultimatum from the Academy

Ethiopian President named among 100 Most Powerful Women in the World

With few big names eager to take on the role, the Academy is now considering going without a single host. Now organizers are considering a rotating ‘SNL-style’ arrangement where a number of celebs share hosting duties.

Eddie Murphy reportedly was offered the same gig after Kevin Hart, but declined.

https://instagram.fnbo5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/f8365db5e7ddbef67618763a57fc608c/5C8EB0A2/t51.2885-15/e35/21909878_280768045773266_1967254236005662720_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fnbo5-1.fna.fbcdn.net

-Daily mail

The Oscars have seen Kenyan Gem, Lupita Nyong’o win an award for the best supporting Actress back in 2014.

Read more

Kevin Hart calls out his ex for labelling wife Eniko a homewrecker after admitting wrong doing in new interview

Kevin Hart was shamed when he was caught in August in a sex tape with Montia Sabbag in Las Vegas.

When the news hit, the 38-year-old comedian was called a jerk for stepping out on his wife pregnant Eniko Parrish, 33. And on Thursday he told Power 105.1’s Breakfast Club that he was ‘guilty’ of the ‘dumb’ move that was ‘irresponsible.’

The Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle actor also said that he was furious over his first wife Torrei calling his second wife Eniko a ‘homewrecker.’

The backstory: 'But when people try to put that sh** on [Eniko] like calling her a home wrecker, that got under my skin and I had to breathe. That title was put on her by my ex out of anger or what,' he said

This show aired the same day both Kevin and Eniko showed unity when they posted the exact same image of their newborn Kenzo on Instagram.

The child lay on a mini metal bed over a lush grey rug.

Kevin said the child was ‘stunting’ and Eniko thanked the photographer Jessie Marrero.

During his 105.1 interview, Kevin seemed fired up.

‘The one thing that really, like, really bothered me where I had to calm down,’ he began before trailing off.

‘With the media and all that I am good with that, thickest skin ever, I, like, take my lashings and I will step back and I will resurface,’ he said about being called a bad guy for cheating on Eniko.

He then got back to his point.

‘But when people try to put that sh** on [Eniko] like calling her a home wrecker, that got under my skin and I had to breathe. That title was put on her by my ex out of anger.

The drama began when Eniko posted to Instagram that she had been with Kevin for eight years.

Soon after Torrei said that proved that Kevin had cheated on her with Eniko because he only divorced Torri six years ago.

Torrei made it seem as if Kevin was with both women for two years.

But the actor said they had split long before their divorce was finalized in 2011 and that Eniko is not a homewrecker

Kevin also told 105.1: ‘You can look back in history I would never bad talk my ex wife but at her most emotional time she lashed out at Eniko. All that – homewrecker, mistress – was put out by Torrei and it wasn’t true.’

He has two children with Torrei: Heaven, 12, and Hendrix, nine.

The day before Kevin talked to Extra about his rough year.

When asked what he would want for Christmas, Hart said: ‘Have I been naughty or nice? That’s definitely a tough question for Kevin Hart right now, it was a tough year for me.’

He added: ‘I had some bumps in the road. But the good thing is you take great care.

‘So now, I’ve recovered from some not nice times and now what I basically want is for Santa to know that I’m doing good and I’m doing better. Just to know I’m good guy.’

It isn’t the first time Kevin has spoken about the scandal, as he first revealed the plot when he sent ‘many apologies’ to his wife and children in an emotional Instagram post, in which he discussed his ‘mistakes’ and claimed there was someone trying to make ‘financial gain’ from his past antics.

He said: ‘I’m at a place in my life where I feel like I have a target on my back.

Birthday on her honeymoon! Eniko Hart has double celebration

‘And because of that I should make smart decisions. And recently, I didn’t. You know, I’m not perfect. I’m not going to sit up here and say that I am or claim to be in any way shape or form.

‘And I made a bad error in judgement and I put myself in a bad environment where only bad things can happen and they did. And in doing that I know that I’m going to hurt the people closest to me, who’ve I talked to and made apologies to, that would be my wife and my kids.

‘And I just, you know, it’s a s***ty moment. It’s a s***ty moment when you know you’re wrong and there’s no excuses.

‘At the end of the day man, I just simply have got to do better. But I’m also not going to allow a person to have financial gain off of my mistakes and in this particular situation that was what was attempted. I said I’d rather fess up to my mistakes.’

Read more: dailymail

 

 

‘I said I’d rather fess up to my mistakes,’ Comedian admits to cheating on his wife

Kevin Hart’s coming clean – about what, he won’t say.

The 38-year-old took to Instagram on Saturday with a contrite speech in which he apologized to his pregnant wife Eniko Parrish and his two children over an unspecified mistake he made recently.

A TMZ  report Saturday indicated that Hart was confronted with a video of himself engaged in ‘sexually suggestive’ behavior with an unnamed woman, adding the clip did not have any actual sex on it. Hart’s face was not visible in the most graphic part of the clip, the website reported.

 Kevin Hart
Confessions: Kevin Hart, 39, took to Instagram Saturday to apologize to his family amid reports that someone was trying to shake him down over an alleged tape depicting him acting ‘sexually suggestive’ with an unnamed woman

The comedian added a caption with the clip on the social media site that read: ‘Sending so many apologies to my wife & kids. I gotta do better and I will. I’m not perfect and have never claimed to be … I love you all.’

In the somber video, Hart admitted to ‘a bad error in judgment’ in reference to a recent incident, but stopped short of explaining what he had done.

‘I’m in a place in my life where I feel like I have a target on my back,’ he said. ‘And because of that, I should make smart decisions – and recently, I didn’t.’

The Ride Along star said that ‘it’s a shi**y moment when you know you’re wrong, and there’s no excuses for your wrong behavior,’ explaining that he had put himself ‘in an environment where only bad things can happen – and they did.’

Kevin Hart
‘I’m in a place in my life where I feel like I have a target on my back,’ he said. ‘And because of that, I should make smart decisions – and recently, I didn’t.’
Kevin Hart
In the somber video, Hart admitted to ‘a bad error in judgment’ in reference to a recent incident, but stopped short of explaining what he had done

Kevin hart1Kevin hart2

Risky business? Hart was snapped in July in a Lexus with a woman local media identified as singer Monique ‘Momo’ Gonzalez

The Get Hard actor said someone tried to ‘have financial gain off of [his] mistakes in this particular situation,’ but he didn’t bite.

‘I said I’d rather fess up to my mistakes,’ the Philadelphia-born comic revealed. In terms of any possible legal ramifications in the incident, a source told TMZ, ‘Someone tried to set Kevin up in a failed extortion attempt. As law enforcement is involved, we cannot comment further as it could affect the investigation.’

Hart said that the incident served as a learning experience in how to conduct himself amid a frenzied life in Hollywood’s limelight. He said, ‘I know that I’m gonna hurt the people closest to me, who I’ve talked to and apologized to, being my wife and my kids … at the end of the day man, I just simply gotta do better.’

In a further update by TMZ it’s claimed there are three clips in total; one appearing to show Hart getting cozy with a woman in a nightclub.

It then cuts to a bed, you can’t see who’s there but there are sounds of creaking and someone getting slapped.

A third clip shows two people milling around a room including a man that looks a little like Hart.

The website reports that the person allegedly extorting the comedian is demanding payment to avoid the release of the video.

Hart made headlines two months back after he was photographed in a Lexus with a gorgeous woman later identified by local news outlets, including Power 96, as Florida-based singer Monique ‘Momo’ Gonzalez.

Hart subsequently took to social media as reports of the rendezvous spread, posting a meme of himself laughing at his phone captioned, ‘At the end of the day, you just gotta laugh at the BS.’

Hart, who has two children with ex-wife Torrei Hart – 12-year-old daughter Heaven and nine-year-old son Hendrix – is expecting a son with Eniko, who he celebrated his one-year wedding anniversary with last month.

Kevin hart3

Kevin hart4

Hart, who has two children with ex-wife Torrei Hart – 12-year-old daughter Heaven and nine-year-old son Hendrix (pictured in April 2016) – is expecting a son with Eniko

Source: Daily mail

Kevin Hart reveals wedding date

Top comedian Kevin Hart has revealed the set date that he and fiancee Eniko Parrish will tie the knot. 36-year-old Kevin Hart engaged Parrish at her 30th birthday party in August last year.

Speaking exclusively to Entertainment Tonight, Hart said: ”We’re gonna go August 8th, next year man. That’s right ladies. I’ve got to put this chocolate in the freezer.”

Hart also said that he does not expect any questions regarding his wedding since he has left all the planning to Eniko. “To be honest with you, I don’t know what the hell is going on,” he said. “I told her, ‘Do what you want to do, and just come back to me with a finished product.’ ”

He also indicated that he had given his bride to be a budget to work with and not go past it. ”She has a number, if she goes above this number it’s not happening. That’s all I did, I gave her a budget.”
enikoparrishpr

Kevin-Hart-Eniko-Parrish_Rolling-Out-Joi-Pearson-13