Jeremy Clarkson Signs Deal With Amazon

Former BBC Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed a new deal to present a new car show on Amazon via their  streaming service in what is seen as one of the biggest coups in TV history.

The programme is set to go live next year and will be produced by former Top Gear executive Andy Wilman, who is an old friend of Clarkson’s and is credited with revamping Top Gear and turning it into the world’s most successful factual TV show.

The deal ends months of speculation about the future of the trio following Clarkson’s spectacular departure from the BBC after 27 years, followed by his teammates.

BBC director general Tony Hall refused to renew the 55 year old’s contract after a notorious “fracas” at a Yorkshire hotel in March when Top Gear’s frontman hit producer Oisin Tymon during a row about catering arrangements.

Co-presenters Hammond and May also bowed out saying that working with Clarkson’s replacement – later revealed to be Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans was “a non-starter.

-Standard.UK

Jeremy Clarkson Plots Rival Show For TopGear

Top Gear’s new host Chris Evans is already in the driving seat for his new job he was seen taking a supercar for a spin on the show’s test track, the Sunday People reports.

However if he is to keep the show alive, he’d better put his best foot foward as Jeremy Clarkson may soon be on his tail.

Jeremy who was fired in March for punching a producer, now together with James May and Richard Hammond are ­believed to be on the brink of starting a rival show and which they hope will ­overtake Evans’ TopGear.

Chris Evans who was a DJ said he was ­quitting the BBC’s One Show and hit back at Clarkson’s claim the BBC  had offered his job back. Evans said Clarkson must have ­“voices in his head”.

Evans practised for his new job by driving a 202mph Ferrari 458 Spider at the show’s Dunsfold Airfield, Surrey, filming a Top Gear spoof.

Evans signed the Top Gear deal, despite having insisted in the past he did not want Clarkson’s job. The old trio’s last appearance in the show will be on a special on June 28.

But Clarkson, 55, May, 52 and Hammond, 45 – plus executive ­producer Andy Wilman – are ­planning a new car-based TV show.

A close pal of the quartet said it was time to stop licking their wounds and take revenge on BBC bosses by launching a rival car show.

TopGear Replaces Jeremy Clarkson

After Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by BBC for hitting a producer, Top Gear was shelfed for a while as they decided whether they will replace Jeremy or not.

A decision has been made and Chris Evans will replace Jeremy Clarkson as the lead presenter of an all-new Top Gear line-up, the BBC has announced.

Evans said he was “thrilled” to get the job, describing the motoring show as his “favourite programme of all time”.

Clarkson was dropped in March after punching a producer while on location.

Car enthusiast Evans, who has signed a three-year deal with the BBC Two show, had been tipped to replace his good friend Clarkson but had previously insisted he was not interested.

An “all-new” line-up means Clarkson’s co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May will not be involved.

The BBC’s David Sillito said that while Chris Evans was a household name, Clarkson had a long-running association with Top Gear and his were big shoes to fill.

Find out why Jeremy Clarkson Punched BBC Producer

Two days before assaulting a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson was told by a doctor that he might have cancer. Speaking for the first time in detail about the incident that resulted in his sacking from the Top Gear show, 55-year-old Clarkson said being given the warning was one of the most stressful experiences of his life.

In an attempt to explain his state of mind at the time of the attack, he said: ‘Two days before the “fracas”, I had been told, sternly, by my doctor that the lump on my tongue was probably cancer and that I must get it checked out immediately. But I couldn’t do that. ‘We were in the middle of a Top Gear series. And Top Gear always came first.’

Clarkson said he had now been given the all-clear, but wrote in his column in The Sunday Times: ‘That was the most stressful day I have ever had in 27 years at the BBC. ‘It was beyond-belief stressful, everything was gong wrong, and then you know… there you go. But everyone has stressful days, and they manage to cope better than I had.’

Clarkson was sacked by the Corporation after an ‘unprovoked physical and verbal’ attack in Hawes, North Yorkshire that left his victim, Oisin Tymon, 36, in need of hospital treatment. The presenter said the show about cars had come to dominate his life after his divorce from wife Frances and the death of his mother Shirley, and he worried about all parts of the programme.

Clarkson’s contract was not renewed, with director-general Tony Hall saying at the time ‘a line has been crossed’ and ‘there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another’.

But the broadcasting veteran received widespread public support, including from friend Prime Minister David Cameron.
Clarkson said he even considered turning his back on presenting altogether in the immediate fall-out from the incident.
Earlier this month, North Yorkshire Police said that following an investigation Clarkson would face no further police action over his attack on the producer at a hotel.

Clarkson pulled out of his planned appearance hosting BBC satirical show Have I Got News For You, which was due to be filmed next week, and aired a day later. It would have been his first BBC appearance since the fracas which led to his exit.

-dailymail

The ‘return’ of Jeremy Clarkson on BBC

Jeremy Clarkson is set to make his first appearance on BBC since losing his job as Top Gear Host. Jeremy will appear as a guest host of Have I Got News for you on 24th April.

According to a BBC spokesman “Jeremy’s contract has not been renewed on Top Gear but he isn’t banned from appearing on the BBC.”

The controversial broadcaster has appeare on the show several times before.

Clarkson was suspended from Top Gear on March 10th following an assault on the shows producer Oisin Tymon.

BBC Drops Jeremy Clarkson as Top Gear Host

BBC will not renew Jeremy Clarkson’s Top Gear contract. Clarkson has officially been fired as the host after an “unprovoked physical attack” on a Top Gear producer according to BBC’s director general, Tony Hall. Clarkson had been suspended on 10th March following that alleged physical and verbal attack on the producer Oisin Tymon.

Tony Hall’s full statement on Jeremy’s sacking
“It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.
I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March. Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report. I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background. I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion. The main facts are not disputed by those involved.

I want to make three points.

First – The BBC is a broad church. Our strength in many ways lies in that diversity. We need distinctive and different voices but they cannot come at any price. Common to all at the BBC have to be standards of decency and respect. I cannot condone what has happened on this occasion. A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.

Second – This has obviously been difficult for everyone involved but in particular for Oisin. I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident. He has behaved with huge integrity throughout. As a senior producer at the BBC he will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future.

Third – Obviously none of us wanted to find ourselves in this position. This decision should in no way detract from the extraordinary contribution that Jeremy Clarkson has made to the BBC. I have always personally been a great fan of his work and Top Gear. Jeremy is a huge talent. He may be leaving the BBC but I am sure he will continue to entertain, challenge and amuse audiences for many years to come.

The BBC must now look to renew Top Gear for 2016. This will be a big challenge and there is no point in pretending otherwise. I have asked Kim Shillinglaw to look at how best we might take this forward over the coming months. I have also asked her to look at how we put out the last programmes in the current series.”

Jeremy has been fired despite petitions garnering over one million signatures from Top Gear fans. He has since changed his twitter handle to “I used to be a presenter on the BBC2 motoring show, Top Gear.”

Jeremy’s twitter profile

Screenshot from 2015-03-25 17:53:40

Jeremy Clarkson set for new show on BBC

After his suspension from Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson could be back on BBC as host of the “Have I Got News For You”.

The presenter who is the subject of an internal inquiry after he was involved in a “fracas” with a producer on the motoring show BBC

Details indicate that  he is due to record the satirical panel show in May.

A producer from Hat Trick, which makes the show, told the Broadcasting Press Guild that he thought Clarkson was “a fantastic broadcaster”.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned he is hosting Have I Got News for You, the BBC has not told me what to do yet and it will be an interesting conversation.”

He joked: “Maybe we will get the producer on so he can hit Jeremy Clarkson live on television.”

The BBC declined to comment on whether Clarkson’s suspension, if it is still in force, would cover an appearance on a separate show.

Topgear host Jeremy Clarkson gets suspended by BBC

Jeremy Clarkson, the popular host of the car program “Top Gear” was suspended by the BBC on Tuesday after a mysterious “fracas” with a producer.

Mr. Clarkson, 54, known to make impolite comments about foreigners and then apologizing. BBC had put him on a “final warning” last year for his behavior after he used a racist word during filming.

At the time, Mr. Clarkson said, somewhat jokingly, that the BBC had told him he would be fired if he made “one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time.”

He has had issues before including some that are deemed racist.

In October, Mr. Clarkson and his crew had to flee Argentina after allegedly being attacked by local residents in an incident over a license plate. Mr. Clarkson was driving a car with the plate number H982 FLK, which was understood to be a reference to the British military victory over Argentina in the Falkland Islands war of 1982.

Mr. Clarkson and his team insisted — with a wink — that they had no idea what the license plate meant. But most observers saw it as a typical Clarkson ploy to seem both naughty and patriotic.

Last year the show was censured for breaching broadcasting rules after Mr. Clarkson used a derogatory word for Asian people in a program from Myanmar.

In  May 2014, video footage that was not intended for broadcast appeared to show Mr. Clarkson using a racist term while reciting the nursery rhyme “eeny, meeny, miney, moe.” He later apologized and begged forgiveness, denying that he had uttered the slur but admitting “that it sounds like I did.”

Similarly, in January 2012, Indian diplomats complained about a program from the country in which Mr. Clarkson described a car fitted with a toilet as “perfect for India because everyone who comes here gets the trots.

The year before, the BBC apologized to Mexico after Mr. Clarkson and his co-hosts characterized Mexicans as “lazy” and “feckless.” The show has also mocked Germans, Romanians and Albanians, among others.