Your man has this female friend that makes you uncomfortable for some reason but he always assures you that there is nothing going on between them. This might be true, but in some cases there is more than meets the eye.
You constantly feel like you’re in competition with this girl but again he reassures you that “She’s just a friend” your intuition tells you that it’s more than that. How do you confirm your suspicions ?
1. He Talks Glowingly About Her – When he talks about her, you see his eyes glaze over with the look that you thought he reserved just for you. It’s the look your man gave you when you first met and fell in love. If you see that starry look in his eyes when he talks about her, danger is lurking.
2. He Runs To Her With His Problems – You are his girlfriend and hence if he has a problem he will run to you with it. But if she gets to know about his issues before you do then there is a problem one that you need to be keen on.
3. Spends time alone with her – If there’s always something that the two of them have to do together alone, keep a watchful eye on their behavior. They might try to justify it by saying that this is their “friend thing”, or that they’ve always done this together and you can join them next time. Maybe it’s true, but don’t let them blind side you with a dramatic turn in your relationship where you find yourself alone.
4. Find her things around – The most common excuse is “she has no space at her house” so he thought he could keep them for her. Granted it may be true and whatever it is that she being stored is what you need to be keen on. Her clothes for instance, hair brushes, shoes etc are very personal items that could mean there’s more to it.
5. He’s There For Her When She Needs A Man’s Helping Hand – If her car breaks down she will call him and he will be there to sort it out. She needs to move out, plumbing,painting etc If your man is always responsive to her requests …. then fish and find out.
6. He Takes Her Calls When He’s With You – Even worse, he walks away from you so that he can talk with her in private. If he doesn’t want you to listen in on their conversation, this is a serious danger sign that she’s more than “just a friend”.
7. He Acts Jealous When She Has A Date – In his eyes, no other guy is good enough for his “girl” friend, and you get to listen to his criticism of the guys she goes out with. You may feel puzzled by his overzealous critique of her suitors and wonder why he’s so picky about who she dates if they’re “just friends”.
8. They Have inside stories and jokes – When you’re all hanging out together and they seem to share a private joke that you know nothing about, that’s a danger sign — especially if they don’t want to cue you in on the joke so that you can laugh with them. Their private stories could indicate a private, secret relationship that doesn’t include you.
9. You Catch Him In Half-Truths About Her – Your boyfriend knows that you don’t like him hanging out with his female “friend”, so he “forgets” to tell you they went to the movies together or hung out alone at her apartment. Anything short of complete honesty and transparency when it comes to his “friend” could signal a relationship that’s moving OUT of the friend zone.