Few things are as frustrating as the mind games when it comes to dating. It’s hard to prove and hard to personally believe because we want to be exceptions to rules. Except we’re not because then the rule itself would just not exist.
Here’s how to tell the difference between your own issues and a partner’s deliberate, purposeful mindgames.
1. You’re reading this article – You wouldn’t be concerned about a man playing with your mind you if you didn’t think it was already happening, would you?
2. You’re always struggling to get the upper hand – Fun fact: The “upper hand” is nonsense. The only people who care about it are players, not people who are actually concerned with building a healthy foundation for a relationship to last. If you’re trying to figure out how to get the upper hand, you’ve already lost it.
3. You’re working hard to make him like you – What you should be focusing on is whether or not you like him. If you have to strive to prove yourself worthy to someone constantly, that’s too exhausting and impossible to keep up.
4. He insults you if you reject him – Seriously, if you’re only ever be called a whore by someone you never entertain anymore. Roll your eyes, keep your composure and move along. Don’t go down to their level.
5. He “forgets” to call or stands you up… You wait by the phone or at the bar, because you’re a decent person who has faith in humanity. He never calls and he never shows.
6 … But then he texts you a week later- You really don’t think he was testing the waters with another broad during that time? You’re smarter than this.
7. He insists you’ll never find anyone better-This is the clearest sign that you will. Because honestly, does it get much worse than this?