Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or just a regular old Wednesday night, it’s nice to spend a little quality time with the love of your life or someone you’re hoping could possibly become the love of your life.
whatever day of the week it is, it is important for lovers to take time off from their buy schedules and make time for each other.
One really cute way is to prepare a meal for some chill time. Nothings as good as sharing a meal just the two of you.
Lose the sweatpants and put on some proper clothes, please. Let’s get started.
We will look into prepping Crispy Lemon Pepper Chicken;
FOR THE LEMON OIL:
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Zest of 3 lemons
FOR THE BREADING:
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 4 chicken breast cutlets (or 2 breasts cut in half)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- In a small rectangular dish, combine the olive oil and lemon zest. Set aside.
- In a small rectangular dish, combine the flour, bread crumbs, pepper, garlic powder, salt, parsley, and paprika. Set aside.
- Set a large deep skillet over medium heat, add remaining olive oil.
- Take each chicken cutlet and dip both sides in the olive oil mixture, then in the breading. Place onto a plate or piece of aluminum foil. Repeat with the remaining cutlets.
- Place into the pan, cook on one side for 5-6 minutes before flipping. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes. Place the lemon slices in the pan and continue cooking until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
- Remove from the skillet and place on a cooling rack. Let rest for 2-3 minutes before slicing and serving.
– The chicken MUST be thin to be cooked throughout in a timely manner. If the chicken is not thin enough the breading will begin to burn.
– Do not add the lemon slices until the last 5 minutes of cook time or they will end up burnt as well. Timing is everything!
– For crisp chicken serve immediately. Serve with any of your favourite accompanyment.
Read more here: