Just because someone invited you over for a date, doesn’t mean that you are required to put up with them for the whole time especially if you feel irked. This doesn’t also mean that you become rude towards your date for no good reason.
However in some cases, it’s quite understandable for one to walk out of the date as there are some situations that you can’t put up with. Here are some reasons to cancel your date and walk away from him without feeling remorseful:
1. Constantly on the phone: When you invite someone or agree to go on a date it’s important that you cancel all appointments and free up your time for the said person. By asking/agreeing to a date, it means that you want to spend time with the person and would like to engage with them . It is very rude for one to be constantly checking their phone to see who liked their IG pictures, who sent a whatsapp message, twitter , or keep making/ answering calls etc. It’s different if the call is urgent and they excuse themselves to take it. Otherwise continuously texting, calling and checking on social media sites is completely wrong and rude. You are free to excuse yourself from the date as it’s a clear indication you’re not that important.
2. Asking for sex: This is a complete no go zone especially if it’s the first date. It’s not only disrespectful but rather rude as they consider you an object. You don’t know each other well and yet they want to jump into the sack, be very wary of such.
3. Body Odor – It’s really simple, cleanliness is next to godliness. A person who is smelling of sweat, smoke or alcohol is simply dirty. By the time you are agreeing to a date you know that the least you can do is look presentable. Smelling of sweat, smoke and alcohol from last night simply tells you that he has no grip on his life and didn’t bother preparing for the date. Deodorant is as cheap as Sh 100 and you can get gum for as little as 5 bob, so you have no excuse to smell bad.
4. They are in a hurry – If your date is in a hurry and keeps pestering you to finish your meal so that they may leave, then let them go. Set them free and continue to enjoy your meal, after all they have more important things to do than talk to you right? There’s no point putting up with such conduct. Sit and enjoy your meal and wave them goodbye.
5. Tells you what to order – First things first if you choose a venue make sure you can afford it. You cannot ask someone to choose what they can eat based on what you think. If you will make them choose then they have a right to walk away from the date. Unless there was prior communication on the financial situation in which case a change of venue would do.