With no solution forthcoming, Kenyan Premier League players have decided to take matters into their own hands as football crisis’s in the country deepens.
Led by Bandari goalkeeper Wilson Obungu, the players have threatened to take into the streets in the next one week if both FKF and KPL will not have found a permanent solution to their unending wrangles.
Obungu says the current situation if not handled well will eventually distract their source of income.
“The mismanagement of football in Kenya, has threatened our source of livelihood coupled by inaction by the authorities who are custodian of the beautiful game as they keep on taking us for a ride” Obungu said.
“We have therefore decided all players to give them a one week ultimatum to sort out their issues and come up with a solution failure to which we will hold a mass demonstration of football players and fans “He added.
Flanked by among other Gor Mahia captain Jeremy Onyango, Wycliffe Kasaya, Joseph Shikokoti as well as Antony Kimani, Obungu they will see to have officials from both sides banned from running any football activities if they will not have found a solution in the stipulated time.
Meanwhile as the players spoke in one voice, KPL CEO Jack Oguda confirmed they had received the court order barring them from running any parallel league in the Country.
Oguda says they have already passed it to their legal team. The lawyers will now go through the documentation and advise them appropriately.
The KPL CEO also confirmed they will not proceed with the league matches until advised otherwise by the High Court.
“We have to follow the court order, we have to respect the rule of the law, as we speak are not going to proceed with the league until further directions” he said.
On Friday last week, Football Kenya Federation obtained the court order preventing KPL from running any league in the country. However KPL was not served with the order in time and 2015 KPL season kicked off as earlier planned.