A young woman caused a scene on Saturday when she marched through a thick crowd to grab Deputy President William Ruto’s attention.
He had been reading his speech during a tour of Baringo when Michelle Chepkoech approached, two children in her arms, shouting “Mheshimiwa (Your Excellency) Ruto”.
The DP’s security agents tried to block Chepkoech but she got louder, forcing Ruto to stop.
He asked the officers to let the woman near him and then told her to wait at the podium for him to finish his address.
Ruto later asked the woman to see him at his office in Nairobi before heading to his helicopter.
Chepkoech, who has five children, told reporters that poverty pushed her to the wall.
She said she was from Sesya in Baringo Central sub-county but was living in Eldama-Ravine town where she was jobless.
“I have told so many people, including leaders, about my problem but they have not helped me. I just wanted the DP to buy me and my children a small piece of land,” she said.
Ruto went to the county to launch Eldama-Ravine Technical Institute, Makutano-Ravine road and Skyline Sacco Plaza, as well as preside over a fundraising for needy students in Elama Ravine.
He was with Jubilee Party leaders including Baringo Governor Stanley Kiptis, Elgeyo Marakwet Senator Kipchumba Murkomen, Eldama Ravine MP Moses Lessonet, Mogotio MP Daniel Tuitoek, Kimani IIchung’wa of Kikuyu, and Oscar Sudi of Kapseret.
The DP was crowned an elder by the Tugen Council and promised full support for the presidency come 2022.
First dates are usually nerve wrecking for both the man and woman and especially if you have never met, and one often wonders what sort of questions to ask. This is because people are different and if you are not familiar with someone it becomes hard for you to know what to ask ans what to avoid.
According to Reddit, men gave an account of questions that they would like to ask in the first date, besides the “normal questions”.
1. ‘Are you deep down already into someone else?’
2. ‘Are you emotionally and mentally stable? Can you cope with everyday life?’
3. ‘If you get upset, will you tell me why or just ignore me and treat me like sh*t for not knowing the reason?’
4. ‘Have you moved on from your previous relationship or is this kind of a rebound thing?’
5. ‘All the big deal-breaker questions. Such as: Do you want kids? Where do you want to live long-term? What (if any) religion do you follow? And how important are the answers you just gave to you?’
6. ‘What’s your ideal sex life?’
7. ‘Honestly, “Have you ever cheated on anyone?”‘
8. ‘Relationship intentions. I don’t care for casual dating so when I go out with someone I am trying to find a girlfriend but that’s a little awkward to come out and say.’
9. ‘Are you ok with me having borderline personality disorder? It’s not really something I’m comfortable bringing up on the first date (unless the opportunity presents itself, I’d never deny it or anything), but I would like to gauge their reaction to myself having a mental illness.’
10. ‘How is your relationship with your father?’
11. ‘What are your spending habits? Do you save any money for the future outside of your wage?’
Granted, you have dated 10 or even 20 women, all of them have different things to offer. However as a man there are six types of women that you should date. Here is a list:
1. The Urban Sophisticate
Her strengths: This woman is funny, hot, and spontaneous. When you walk into a room with her, everyone stares at you in envy because she has presence.
Her weaknesses: If you don’t have confidence this is not a woman you want to date. This woman gets off on attention and chances are you might be jealous. Just make sure she wants you as much, not just for the perks.
Her bedroom persona: She’s uninhibited and nicely groomed. Tell her you like her on top, preferably wearing something expensive that makes her breasts look hot.
2. The Arty Hipster
Her strengths: She knows where all the art shows with free wine/cocktails are, she’s stylish but not as much as the sophisticate. She’s a great catch if you are into art and music. She likes nerds and intellects.
Her weaknesses: Do you keep going after her because you hope her cool will rub off on you? If your interests don’t match, don’t expect to just coast along on her taste.
Her bedroom persona: The good news: She’s dirty. The bad news: Her bed’s not that clean.
3. The Vegan Yoga Gal
Her strengths: She’s got great skin and a long neck, and she gives you long back rubs with wacky oils. All that deep breathing means she rarely flies off the handle, and you value this perhaps even more than you value her amazing, high, tight rear, which is saying a lot.
Her weaknesses: Most of these women are interested in men who are into the same stuff they are. Love her, love her lifestyle.
Her bedroom persona: She’s just as Kama Sutra-esque as you were hoping—but no quickies. She likes it slow and soulful.
4. The Alpha Female
Her strengths: She graduated from college in 3 years and went right to law school without taking a vacation. She’s hard to keep up with. A scientist, artist or teacher would be suitable for this woman, not an alpha male.
Her weaknesses: She has a lot in common with alpha males, but these relationships are too intense because they have no time for each other.
Her bedroom persona: She’s efficient and skilled, but she can be more than sufficiently animal if you help her let her guard down.
5. The Intimacy Junkie
Her strengths: She goes to yoga, too, but it’s the easy kind that’s more about “connection to the self” than sculpting a smoking body. So what if she’s a little in your face. The sex is amazing, good kisser, very intense, like connecting and is verbal so she can help you communicate.
Her weaknesses: The intimacy junkie makes you feel great at first. She’s so into you and your feelings. Analytical men will find themselves easily ensnared in her macramé web. This will be brought about by her questioning where the relationship is.
Her bedroom persona: She’ll do anything, including some things that scare you. The word harness comes to mind. Tell her you’ll do it if she gets waxed.
6. The Happy Homemaker
Her strengths: She’s no gold digger—all she wants is a nice cosy home, family etc. She wants to have your kids, take care of them, and take care of you. A man who grew up in a very traditional household will love her, and, conversely, a guy who grew up with domestic chaos craves this woman for the stable home she provides.
Her weaknesses: Remember that when she says she’s not going to work, she means it. Career-minded men could be happy with an arrangement that allows them to focus on their work while she manages his domestic life. But if the financial stress builds, you may not be able to convince her to get a job.
Her bedroom persona: She’ll be accommodating and eager at first, less so with each offspring. Find a good babysitter so the two of you can steal a moment away. Menshealthmag
Just because someone invited you over for a date, doesn’t mean that you are required to put up with them for the whole time especially if you feel irked. This doesn’t also mean that you become rude towards your date for no good reason.
However in some cases, it’s quite understandable for one to walk out of the date as there are some situations that you can’t put up with. Here are some reasons to cancel your date and walk away from him without feeling remorseful:
1. Constantly on the phone: When you invite someone or agree to go on a date it’s important that you cancel all appointments and free up your time for the said person. By asking/agreeing to a date, it means that you want to spend time with the person and would like to engage with them . It is very rude for one to be constantly checking their phone to see who liked their IG pictures, who sent a whatsapp message, twitter , or keep making/ answering calls etc. It’s different if the call is urgent and they excuse themselves to take it. Otherwise continuously texting, calling and checking on social media sites is completely wrong and rude. You are free to excuse yourself from the date as it’s a clear indication you’re not that important.
2.Asking for sex: This is a complete no go zone especially if it’s the first date. It’s not only disrespectful but rather rude as they consider you an object. You don’t know each other well and yet they want to jump into the sack, be very wary of such.
3. Body Odor – It’s really simple, cleanliness is next to godliness. A person who is smelling of sweat, smoke or alcohol is simply dirty. By the time you are agreeing to a date you know that the least you can do is look presentable. Smelling of sweat, smoke and alcohol from last night simply tells you that he has no grip on his life and didn’t bother preparing for the date. Deodorant is as cheap as Sh 100 and you can get gum for as little as 5 bob, so you have no excuse to smell bad.
4. They are in a hurry – If your date is in a hurry and keeps pestering you to finish your meal so that they may leave, then let them go. Set them free and continue to enjoy your meal, after all they have moreimportant things to do than talk to you right? There’s no point putting up with such conduct. Sit and enjoy your meal and wave them goodbye.
5. Tells you what to order – First things first if you choose a venue make sure you can afford it. You cannot ask someone to choose what they can eat based on what you think. If you will make them choose then they have a right to walk away from the date. Unless there was prior communication on the financial situation in which case a change of venue would do.
If you are in a serious relationship, the main aim or rather long term goal is to end up married and live happily ever after. However are you sure that this is the right one for you to spend forever with?
In the search for the right one, you’ll may end up making all the wrong move, you may fall for someone’s potential and not their real self which ideally should be the goal. People have different personality types, dating is not a one size fits all.
According to Shantell E. Jamison of Ebony here are the personalities you get to meet before landing the right one :
1. The Crazy One: This kind is always too good to be true, because it’s they are fake. You mistake their fits of rage after finding a text from an associate as “caring.” At first, you’ll perceive their behavior as “a symptom of being in love” instead of the red flag that he/she is controlling and possibly covering up their own tracks. Everyone has allowed their emotions to get the best of them at some point, but this person always does. Insecure people like this will drive any sane person away fast, but these types usually prey on those with low self-esteem. Their insanity often turns into physical and mental abuse, a tool they use to manipulate and keep you at bay.
2. The Best Friend: You’ve been friends for a while and then you realise that you have fallen for ech other. The friendship is too sacred for the relationship not to work, so you go for it. So what your friend cheated on everyone he/she has every dated?! With you it will be different. But it isn’t. The best-friend breakup is particularly bad because you least expect it. This is someone who knows what you’ve been through and has been that shoulder to lean on during tough times. Now they’re the one causing you harm and you have no shoulder to lean on. Some friends hook up out of desperation and convenience, so don’t take it personal if it doesn’t work out.
3. The Wild Card: With the wild card, you never know what you’re going to get. You’re intrigued by the “danger of it all.” You stick with them for the excitement, and the false belief that you can tame this wild and free soul. Most wild cards have commitment and stability issues, but we see their problems as “living on the edge” or “going with the flow.” These individuals have a stream of short-term relationships that all end due to the “other person’s issues.” The wild card never takes responsibility for their own actions and will constantly try to manipulate you with passive-aggressive behavior when you call them out on them out Trust, this isn’t a ride at the amusement park that you’ll want to wait in line for.
4. The One You Think You Can Save: This is by far the most emotionally draining personality type that you can involve yourself with. The relationship starts off sweet, with your mate showing you signs of a normal person who is warm and interesting. Give it about six weeks. They will have you in tears because you can see “the potential” of how good you can be together, but the reality is anything but. Despite what is being presented, you won’t have sense enough to leave right away because they “need” you. You believe that you can change them and most likely have a strong desire to be needed. These relationships are particularly damaging because “the victim” is very good at playing the role. For most of the union, they’ll have you wondering what you did wrong (which is nothing), and holding on a bit too long to an already doomed relationship.
5. The Stepping Stone: The stepping stone is always looking for something better. They have no problem using people to fill the void left from an unsuccessful relationship or until the “right one” comes along. They ignore the fact that they’re trading in people as if they are shopping for a car. Unfortunately, you’ll buy into their affections, not knowing that they’re looking for the next best thing. They are the epitome of selfish and can truly damage your self-esteem. No one is perfect, and many of us have behaved in ways similar to the personality traits described. The difference is that some allow their emotions to get the best of them on occasion, while others dwell in destruction.
Watch out for the signs and don’t brush them off because they will cause you harm later.
How did you feel when you were going on a date for the first time? How did you behave and what did you have on your mind?
Here are some of the top thoughts people have on their first date, depending on whether it’s a blind date or whether you had met before.
How do I look? Is my outfit too revealing? – This is mostly common with women as they take time to look their best and may end up changing their outfits severally before settling on one.
What will we talk about? – Keep it simple. Stick to things that are general like sports, music, art or something that you have in common. That way there won’t be awkward moments.
What do I order? – Best thing to do is ask for something you are familiar with. Steer clear of the fancy names on the menu.
Do I use a fork and knife? or will I look shady asking for a wet towel? – Depending on the type of food you ask for, it’s always advisable to be comfortable. If you cannot use a fork and knife ask for the wet towel, clean your hands and eat. It will save you some embarrassing moments of food flying all over.
Who will pay? – This has been a subject of discussion many a time but the rules remain. If you invite me you pay and viceversa. However if you want to go dutch is always advisable to talk about it before hand to avoid those blank stares when you want them to top up the balance to pay.
Will they drop me home? – Again depending on how well you know this person, it’s not really advisable to have them drop you home especially if it’s the first time you are meeting. You can let them drop you at your bus stop or get you a cab if they can but it’s not a requirement.
How do I say goodbye? A polite hug or handshake is fine. A kiss will depend on how well you know each other as it may be uncomfortable for either of you is you’re still getting familiar.
When invited for a date you should endeavour to dress appropriately no matter how long you have known your date.
Different kinds of dates as well as the venue and time should dictate how and what to wear.
Lets us sample the different settings for a date.
1. Dinner – Know your body type and what works for you. If you are going to a fancy restaurant the ideal outfit would be a nice simple dress with a little bit of accessories. Make sure that what you wear is comfortable and does not reveal too much, if the dress is short make sure you are covered at the bust. If it’s showing the cleavage, make sure the bottom bit does not have slits, ensure the length is appropriate.
Your shoes will depend on what works for you, but stay away from sandals unless you have a medical condition. Your heels should not be too high that you will be uncomfortable to walk in them. The key thing is to be comfortable.
2. Picnic – In this case it will depend on where you are going, could be hiking, the park, the beach etc. When going for a hike, make sure you wear comfortable flat shoes, also depending on the terrain as some places are extremely rough, you might be required to wear boots. This is something that you should ask beforehand.
If you are going to the park, you can wear a pair of jeans, a light vest and comfortable rubber shoes. You should also carry a jacket just incase it becomes windy.
3. Coffee date – If you were at work then got called for coffee, just retouch your face with make up and go. However if the date was pre planned, you can wear jeans and a fancy top or a skirt and a nice top with accessories.
A woman who clobbered her former boyfriend after he allegedly turned down a request for a date was Thursday charged with assault. Esther Njoki Macharia allegedly clobbered Harun Gikonyo Kamau on January 3 at City Mugunda estate in Nairobi.
Gikonyo sustained serious injuries and further claimed Njoki was in company of her friend who was not only cheering her but she allegedly joined the accused in the beating.
Gikonyo told police on the material around 11pm while heading to group meeting his ex-girlfriend, Njoki called him claiming she wanted to see him.
He initially ignored her plea but she persisted until he gave in. The prosecution told the court that when the two met hours later, Njoki pulled the complainant to a deserted feeder road and immediately started raining blows on him.
As he was struggling to rise up Gikonyo claims the accused alerted her friend who joined her in beating him using pieces of heavy timber and while shouting ‘Chapa ilale’.
Gikonyo’s call for help attracted passers-by but the two women took flight leaving the complaint in excruciating pain. He was later admitted at Mama Lucy Kibaki hospital for treatment as police hunted the suspects one of who was later arrested.
Macharia denied the charge and was released on cash bail of Sh20,000. The case will be heard on May 14.