The first? Never fry naked
As simple as it may sound, many people do forget simple safety measures in the kitchen.
‘Along the same lines, wear shoes. Dropping a knife blade down or a boiling pot of noodles on your bare feet is no good,’ one man wrote on Reddit.
‘A dull blade is more dangerous than a sharp blade,’ one chef wrote.
Other popular tips included adding salt per taste, add more butter if in doubt, avoiding over seasoning and mastering prep.
‘Cooking is 90% prep, 10% execution. By the time you’re ready to start cooking, pretty much everything should be laid out for you in the order and fashion that you want to use it,’ a chef explained.
WHAT ARE THE BEST SIMPLE COOKING TIPS?
– Clean up as you go
– Natural chicken or vegetable stock is better than artificial stock
– You can always add more salt, but never take out salt
– Unless it’s a dessert, it needs garlic
– Master cooking eggs and you can cook anything
– Underdone veggies are better than overdone veggies