FIRE

Sad: 53-Year-Old Man In Nyeri Perishes After His House Caught Fire While He Was Sleeping

A man has perished in a fierce fire incident at Kigwandi area, Tetu, Nyeri county.

Joseph Ndirangu, 53 was sleeping in his house on Sunday night when the house caught fire during the 9.30pm incident.

Property worth thousands of shillings was reduced to ashes when the two- timber houses caught fire.

Efforts by area residents and neighbours to contain the fire were fruitless as the fire spread fast to other rooms of the house.

The cause of the fire was not immediately established according to the area police boss Job Lesikinwa.

Sibling Hate: Man Stubs His 62-Year-Old Brother To Death For Stealing His Goat

The deceased is said to have been in the house alone hence no witnesses had provided accounts of what transpired at the time of the incident.

Police have however not ruled out foul play maintaining there was still little evidence to point at a definitive cause of the fires.

The charred remains were removed to Nyeri Referral Hospital morgue.

Tetu parliamentary candidate Ann Kanyi who was the first to arrive at the scene pledged that she will help to rebuild the houses and also called upon the well-wishers to donate what they can afford to the family.

Shock As Kenyan Bishop Is Hacked To Death In Juba Over Conducting Loud Prayers

 

 

 

 

-Wambugu Kanyi/The Star

Photo Credits:

Read More:

[fbcomments data-width="100%"]