There are a number of physical and emotional benefits associated with couple workouts. They boost passion, synchronisation and a supportive spirit between couples. Throw in some endorphins and you have a real power boost in your relationship.
Here are the five most important benefits of working out as a couple:
1. Stay motivated: When you feel demotivated or lazy, your partner can boost your morale and get you moving. Research suggests that getting onboard a health and fitness plan with your partner increases the chances of you both sticking to the plan and achieving your weight loss or fitness goals.
2. Try new things: You might be into strength training, while your partner might be a yoga fan. Embarking on a workout plan with your partner offers you the chance to learn many new things. You can take up a fitness activity of your choice for a month and let your partner choose one for the next. Acroyoga is an activity that might interest both of you as it involves performing traditional yoga poses in pairs. It involves intimate and challenging routines that help improve flexibility, balance and strength.
3. Rekindle the passion: A healthy competition between you and your partner may be the best way to reawaken the excitement in your relationship and boost your libido. Training together and setting new challenges can be a great way to make things exciting between the two of you again. It can help you change the dynamic of your relationship to rekindle the passion it needs.
4. Enhance the efficiency of workouts: Research suggests that even the presence of another person affects your ability to perform an activity. Having your partner workout with you will make you feel more competent while doing an exercise and could help boost your speed and energy output.
5. Strengthen bond between partners: Couples that workout together have testified that exercising together has helped them feel more grounded and enabled them to start focusing on other important aspects of their life together. Supporting and motivating your partner to stick to a long-term fitness plan will bring the two of you closer