Nyumba Kumi official Mohamed Mwatsahu hacked to death in Kisauni

Masked men on Thursday attacked and killed a Nyumba Kumi official at Barsheba area in Kisauni constituency under unclear circumstances.

Mohamed Mwatsahu was hacked a number of times in the head as he rested outside his house at about 8pm.

The 47-year-old, who is a member of Kisauni security committee, died hours later at Sayid Fatma hospital where he was rushed.

‘He raped my daughter, beats me yet I am only a few months past delivery’ Cries city woman

His uncle Alamin Mwatsahu said the late played a key in restoring peace in the area.

His body was taken to the Coast General Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem before burial later at his Mariakani home.

In a separate incident, a mob accosted and lynched a suspected thug whose group is accused of causing mayhem in Junda area, Kisauni.

Last week, police gunned down four youths with links to a criminal gang in Mtopanga area, Kisauni.

County security chiefs led by commissioner Evans Achoki held meetings at Matingasi and Kisauni this week with a view to curbing insecurity.

‘Go pick it from my grandmothers toilet’ Moses Kuria to former media consultant accusing him of snatching his phone

Else where an elderly woman has been arraigned in court for allegedly procuring an abortion for her daughter.

The woman, identified as Grace Wanjiru Mwangi, was charged alongside a doctor, Samson Mwita Otiang’o.

The court heard that the two were busted in the doctor’s clinic on September 1 having jointly administered certain drugs to the daughter against her will, knowing that they were meant to unlawfully procure an abortion.

According to police records, the complainant who was due to join college in August, kept her pregnancy a secret from her mother.

Her mother however learned of her pregnancy when she took her for requisite medical tests as demanded by the college before admission.

Police said that when the mother took her for a pregnancy test on August 31, the daughter was found to be six months pregnant.

The angry mother is alleged to have pushed for termination of the pregnancy, claiming she was not ready to be mocked.


Exposed! Here is the message Sharon Otieno wrote to Okoth Obado’s wife before her death

Her daughter, police said, was not willing to terminate the pregnancy and she was determined to keep it.

Police said Grace accompanied her daughter to the clinic on September 1 at around 9pm after she complained of pains in her private parts. The accused is said to have held lengthy secret talks with doctor Mwita.

Tests later revealed that the daughter was carrying twins. The doctor is said to have informed the complainant that her mother wanted the pregnancy terminated, and that the services had already been paid for.


According to police, Mwita gave the girl three tablets which she took. The tablets made her drowsy and uncomfortable after a short while. The doctor is said to have given her another round of the same tablets.

Police arrived at the clinic shortly afterwards and intervened. The suspects were arrested and the girl rushed to Mama Lucy Kibaki Hospital for treatment.

Wanjiru and Mwita denied the charges and were released on Sh150, 000 cash bail each or surety bond of Sh300, 000 pending hearing on December 13.

Read more

Photo Credits:

Read More:

[fbcomments data-width="100%"]