New information has emerged on what transpired on and before the gruesome murder of Ivy Wangechi, a sixth year student at Moi University.
Retrieved phone conversations between Wangechi and Kinuthia show that the two had been in communication all along until she blocked him.
1. Kinuthia met Ivy and her friend after travelling to Eldoret to visit his sweetheart.
2. He took the friends number and started engaging her to gather intelligence.
3. He then traveled to Thika and it is then that Wangechi on 10th April asked Naftali for 14,000 so that she could plan for her birthday.
4. On Sunday, she again asked for 10K which she promptly received from Naftali.
5. On Monday Ivy asked for a further 10K. Kinuthia informed her to be patient since he was to travel to Eldoret where he would honor her request.
6. On his was to Eldoret he kept in contact with Ivy’s friend as a way of collecting intelligence on where Ivy was and what she was up to.
They met briefly over a cup of coffee and agreed to meet later as Ivy was to do rounds. He gave her an unknown amount of money.
Ivy switched her phone off after that, provoking Naftali. He went and bought an axe and a knife and had it sharpened.
All these while he kept in contact with Ivy’s friend who did not know that her friend was about to be killed.