mosque

Mosques to be re-opened

The government on Wednesday resolved to reopen four Mombasa mosques that were  shut down on Thursday last week after they were suspected to have been taken  taken over by radical Muslim Youth.

The Four Masjid Musa ,Sakina ,Swafaa and  Mina  will be handed over to the Muslim community on Thursday .

Speaking after consultative meeting with  top security agencies and Muslim leaders ,Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho said the four mosque will be managed by community elders in respective areas.

‘National government in conjunction with the county will provide adequate security to facilitate the smooth running of all the mosques.” Joho said.

Joho warned that radical youth  who might  attempt  to  interfere  with management of the  mosque will be dealt with.

Addressing the media ,Joho urged Muslim faithfuls to resume prayers in their respective mosques without any fear. Normal schedule of prayers will resume on Thursday.

Top security chief led by Mombasa county commander Robert Kitur ,Supkem and Cipk officials were among those who attended the meeting .

On November 17 police raided the two mosque and recovered firearms including grenade ,pistol ,petrol bombs and Bomb making materials .

Police are holding 13 suspects who were arrested during the raid that saw one youth shot dead by police .

– The Star

Photo Credits:

Read More:

[fbcomments data-width="100%"]