Mothers day is just around the corner.
For one to be a mother, it means a father or rather a husband is involved.
Marriage is not as easy as many would think of it. We have seen many part ways in the midst of their journey. This is not limited to the secular world only but also the gospel artiste where some of them last for months then go their separate ways.
In the gospel world, there are few who can be emulated and have lasted for more than a decade in marriage.
1. Mercy Masika and David Muguro
Mercy Masika and her husband David Muguro amaze us with their longevity in their marriage. The two have been together since 2008 and have two beautiful children.
2. Janet Atieno and Husband
Napokea Kwako hit -maker is celebrating 22 years in marriage today. This is an achievement to the couple.
She wrote on her Instagram that marriage is not as easy as people may think.
“Well Marriage is not a bed of roses all through, but with God it can truly be amazing!!! 22 years and counting!!!!! Praise God!!!! The best marital advice I received can be summarized into these:-
Read below some advice she has for those who want to consider;
1. Let God be the centre of your marriage. His Word should be the foundation.
2. Keep servicing your marriage just like you do your vehicles. Don’t wait until it’s breaking down to go in for service!!!
3. Communicate, Communicate and Communicate. You better be accused of over communicating than not communicating .
4. When the devils fights your marriage, fight even harder to stay together!! 4. Seek advice from wise counsel only, not just anyone!!! #JO”
3. Allan Kiuna and Kathy Kiuna
This power-couple are celebs on their own right. They might not be musicians but their reach and influence on the masses is remarkable. Pastor “Dad” and “Mom” as they are referred to by their congregants have been married for 24 years. It is not five months like your favorite celeb.
They together have 3 children: Vanessa who is 27 years, Steph is 22 Jeremy, 17, is in high school.
4. Wahu and Nameless
They have been together for 13 years.
Both met when they were beginning their music journey. They were both secular artists but Wahu recently turned Gospel.
They have two daughters, Tumiso and Nyakio.