Spaghetti may seem easy to make but trust me, it is also the easiest meal to ruin if you do not follow the recipe to the letter.
Steps on how to prepare Spaghetti:
- Add water in a cooking pot (half full)
- Add salt (1 tsp)
- After the water has boiled, add your spaghetti ( 250 gms) or according to your serving
- Toss the spaghetti in the pot to ensure even cooking and it’s not sticking together
- Cook the pasta for 10 minutes or until you can bite through or firm. Make sure you don’t overcook it.
- Drain the pasta but leave little water for the sauce. Add the pasta straight away in the sauce to prevent it from sticking together as it cools. Do only this step if you making a spaghetti sauce.
Steps on how to prepare the tomato sauce:
- Add 2 Tbs of oil in a large pan or sufuria
- 3 Cloves of garlic (smashed) into the hot/warm oil followed by chopped onions
- Spices to your liking
- Saute for a few minutes
- After the onions have turned a golden brown colour, add the puree of 5 tomatoes into your pan
- Stir the puree of tomatoes till its fully cooked
- Add salt to taste
- Cover and cook over low flame for 6-7 minutes
- Add your cooked pasta in the sauce and stir it to evenly coat it with the sauce
- Serve immediately. Best enjoyed while still hot.