Kenyans on Twitter have long been campaigning that Jowie Irungu should be set free, arguing that others with lesser crime accusations have been granted bail.
He trended on social media so many times, but cries KOT said supposedly fell on deaf ears.
Well the day for Jowie has finally arrived.
The court has granted him a Sh2million bail and was given an alternative bond of Sh3m and released on Thursday by a Milimani Law court.
Making the ruling, Justice James Wakiaga said there are no compelling reason to deny the accused bail.
Dennis Itumbi wrote an emotional message welcoming him
Welcome to the free world Jowie. Being granted bail was long overdue. We will continue praying that justice is done for all, the late Monica, Jacque and yourself.
Jacque Maribe was granted bail in 2018, while Jowie whom she dumped went back to remand.
Making the judgement Justice James Wakiaga ruled that Jacque Maribe should be released on a Ksh 2 million bond with 1 surety of the same amount.
The other option was a cash bail of Ksh 1 million with 3 sureties of the same amount.
The bail was however quite strict, and was set with these conditions:
1. Jacque Maribe cannot report news during this whole period.
2. She cannot discuss the issue, or be invited to interviews to discuss Monicah Kimani’s murder.
‘I panicked and ran back into my bedroom’ Jacque Maribe narrates how Jowie came home soaked in blood
3. She can’t meet anyone related to Monicah Kimani either direct or indirectly.
4. Accompany her advocate to her house and allow the investigating officer to take any photographic evidence, if he is not done with investigations before she is allowed into the house.
5. Cannot interview anyone involved in the case either directly or indirectly.
Many have made jokes about Dennis Itumbi and Jowie fighting for the attention of ex fiance Jacque Maribe, and Itumbi addressed this.