Kevin Mboya opens up on what really happened in Kwale after travelling for 500KM to surprise lover

Kevin Mboya narrates what exactly happened in Kwale

Kevin Mboya

Digital Media Consultant and Marketer turned YouTuber Kevin Mboya has finally detailed his tribulations after traveling for over 500 km to surprise his girlfriend in Kwale.

In a video update via his socials, Mboya disclosed that upon reaching Kwale, his girlfriend became unresponsive and until now he is yet to hear from her.

Mboya narrates that he showed up at her workplace and was assured by the receptionist that he will be able to see the love of his life but that never happened.

He waited for close to two hours until the office was closed with his girlfriend nowhere to be seen.

Mboya who has been trending on Twitter for days said that he was left stranded and disappointed in Kwale.

He also hinted the girl stopped picking up his calls and now it seems he is blocked as he can’t even reach her.

“I waited and when it was around a quarter to 4 pm, I feel the need to text her …saying I’m around just waiting for you so that we can go home together (at her place).

At around 4:30 pm, I decided to call her because she had not responded to my message…at first when I called her phone and it was not picked up then after 10 minutes I called again and the number was busy. I was just wondering I have been here since 4 pm and you are not showing up or picking up my calls,".

"I waited, but she never came, it was 5 pm and the receptionist tells me they are closing.

…I tried to call her via WhatsApp, but she was offline, I started telling myself maybe something was wrong, maybe she was not around.

 Following the unresponsive nature of his girlfriend, Mboya started blaming himself for travelling to Kwale uninvited.

“I told myself maybe doesn’t want to see me because I never told her I was coming, or maybe she had other plans with someone else... so I left and went to my friend's place.  So all along I was training to call her but she was not responding. Then it hit me that maybe this lady doesn’t want anything to do with me. And that’s why I decided that I was going to come back to Nairobi.

According to a disappointed Mboya, he is yet to hear from his girlfriend in Kwale – with all his calls and text messages still unanswered.

“She has never texted me back and I even now don’t see her status on WhatsApp, I don’t know what happened. I can’t see if she is online or not so, so that’s how things turned out.

“And that’s why I had to come back with the flowers is because I never found the person I was supposed to give the flowers so I had to come back with them. I’m yet to hear from her maybe one day she will one out and tell me this and this happened, as of now I know nothing,” Mboya narrated.

Mboya also expressed gratitude to all Kenyans who showed concern after he went mute upon reaching Kwale.

“Thank you to everyone who has come out to encourage me to speak out about what really happened in Kwale. In an African setup, it's not easy for men to come out and speak about these things because of the male ego and also because you will be judged and called names to shame you,” he added.

Read Also: