Ken Okoth in a past photo with his mum

Ken Okoth cremation stopped after woman files court case

Ken Okoth’s cremation will not be going as planned after a court-ordered that a case that had been filed by Ann Muthoni first be heard.

The court has stopped any burial or cremation until the case is heard and determined. Ann Thumbi Muthoni has sued on behalf of her son who she says is Okoth’s son.

Through lawyer Elkana  Mogaka Thumbi, Ann has sued Okoth’s mum Angeline Okoth and wife Monica Okoth along with Lee funeral home.

Ken Okoth and his wife
Ken Okoth and his wife

“The mother and wife have deliberately and unfortunately excluded me from the funeral and burial arrangements of Okoth” the petition reads.

She says she is only learning of the arrangements from the media. According to Muthoni, the family has unilaterally decided to have the body cremated among other reasons to primarily destroy any evidence of her son’s lineage to Okoth.

Sonko claims he witnessed Ken Okoth dating ‘other’ woman

The order has been issued by Senior Principal Magistrate G.A. Mmasi. The case will be heard on August 9. At the moment the lawyers are going to serve Lee Funeral Home with the order.

Earlier today, The Star had established that the woman, a Jubilee-nominated MCA, approached Okoth’s family on Tuesday evening and demanded that her son be recognised before his ‘father’ is interred.

Kenneth Okoth with Esther Passaris in Paris
Kenneth Okoth with his wife Monica and Esther Passaris in Paris earlier this year

The family was meeting on Tuesday at Silver Springs Hotel along Vallely Road with the ODM leadership to give funeral details.

The son, whose pictures with Okoth have been shared online, is well known among Okoth’s close circle and family members.

The MP’s European widow, Monica, is said to have got wind of the boy and opposed the idea of publicly recognising him. She and Okoth had no biological children but adopted three.

The widow is said to have protested attempts to have him mentioned in the MP’s funeral advertisement.

The advert was to be published in Wednesday’s dailies, but the push and pull on whether the child should be listed delayed the plan.

Read here for more

Photo Credits:

Read More:

[fbcomments data-width="100%"]