Back in March this year, a photo of a Zambian minister kneeling before the country’s President Edgar Lungu went viral. Many of us made fun of the minister, saying it is demeaning to do so.
Even more recently is a similar picture of Zimbabwe’s chairperson of the country’s electoral commission kneeling while talking to President Mugabe.
So, while it may seems ridiculous to us, here are a collection of photos showing a list of government ministers who have been spotted kneeling before the President, that have annoyed social media users. Some date way back.
1. Minister of Trade and Industry Joseph Mwanamvekha kneels before President Peter Mutharika
2. Chairperson of the Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC), Rita Makarau kneels before President Mugabe
3. Former Kenyan minister Nyenze kneels before former President Moi
4. Malawi minister sits on the floor while addressing Presidnt mutharika
5. Malawi minister of labour kneels before VP Saulosi Chilima
6. Zimbabwe’s Minister of Local Government Ignatius Chombo kneels before President Robert Mugabes wife
7. President Lungu talking to his Minister of Livestock & Fisheries
8. Then Defence Minister George Mpombo Kneeling before the late President Levy Mwanawasa