Award winning Kenyan rapper Juliani has refuted being appointed as Azimio Entertainment Directors adding he has only learned about it via social media.
Juliana says despite word about the appointment doing viral, it has not been officially communicated to him.
Through a statement he stated;
“To my beloved fans and the Juliani Jeshi fraternity across the Globe.
It has been brought to my attention that there is information circulating online about my appointment as Director of Entertainment in the Azimio – Ol<A Coalition.
I would like to clarify that this has not been communicated to me formally or otherwise. Therefore I would like to confirm that I am not employed or affiliated with any political party in Kenya or beyond.
However, having played the following roles:
• Advocating for youth empowerment through mentorships; Dandora HipHop City (DHC), and Mymsanii.
• Susta inability champion for the sustainable inclusive business knowledge center under KEPSA.
• Setting up Taka Bank solutions that offer youth in the slums employment opportunities that feed their families whilst protecting and conserving our environment. Member of the Council of Ambassadors WWF Kenya.
• An artist who champions social justice.”
Juliani went ahead to says that he was willing to work with partnerships but only if they met his expectations and demands.
The above doesn’t give me the luxury of distancing myself from issues of governance, particularly in an election year.
“I am willing to join hands with like-minded partners including political parties that have a clear manifesto and agenda FOCUSING PRIMARILY ON SUSTAINABLE YOUTH EMPOWERMENT INITIATIVES.
My desired partner should be able to address the following issues:
• Youth unemployment and empowerment.
• Gender Equality and the fight against Gender-Based Violence (GBV). • End extrajudicial killings and promote social justice, especially for our young brothers and sisters in the slums.
• A clear plan on environmental conservation, while addressing climate change.
I would like to urge my fellow Kenyans to use wisdom and vote for leaders who will bring change and avoid falling into the trap of being blinded by handouts. I would also like to discourage politicians from using our youth for their own selfish gains.
To my fans and to all Kenyans I say thank you for the love you have shown me. I appreciate it and may God bless you.