Hue and cry follow Pastor James Ng’ang’a’s innocent verdict

James Ng’ang’a might have come out from winning the biggest case of his life but it may be a Pyrrhic victory. The clamour that has ensued after he was set free was loud.

The move by the High Court to acquit televangelist James Maina Ng’ang’a in a case in which he was charged with killing through dangerous driving angered many who took to the streets to protest over the collapse of the case. The demonstrators staged a walk to the Supreme Court in Nairobi demanding justice for the late Mercy Njeri who died in the road accident involving the televangelist.

According to a tweet by Sir Ezer and seen by, they first made a stop at Ng’ang’a’s Neno Evangelism church on Haile Selassie Avenue before heading to the Supreme Court.
Holding placards written “Justice for Mercy Njeri”, the protesters accused the judiciary of failing to deliver justice for the deceased.


“We want to tell Chief Justice David Maraga, we don’t have confidence in him… we are tired of all these stories, We only here Maraga when he is defending and protecting his judges after they have done shoddy jobs or have taken money to rule in favour of some rich guys in this country. Now we want Maraga to quit that position,” said one of the demonstrators.
Ng’ang’a was charged in 2015 but his case was postponed for a record eight times until May 4, when the courts pronounced him, Simon Maina, Police Inspector Christopher Nzioka and James NgangaPolice Inspector Patrick Baya free men. Police Inspector Nzioka had been charged with giving false information while Inspector Baya was charged with neglecting official duty.
The pastor firmly insisted the Range Rover which caused the accident did not belong to him and managed to convince the court that he wasn’t the one behind the wheel of the vehicle that claimed Njeri’s life. As had formerly reported, prosecution said it had presented over 30 witnesses in the case.

Photo Credits:

Read More:

[fbcomments data-width="100%"]