There is a video online of a fitness instructor in Spain, ontop of a building showing simple exercise people quarantined at home can do.
People on the balconies of their homes follow his moves and it’s so inspiring.
In a video shared to Instagram by the fitness group Sano Sevilla Los Bermejales, the trainer can be seen leading people on their balconies in a workout class, with the clip panning to show numerous people doing jumping jacks alongside their neighbours.
Options could include exercise DVDs, dancing, floor exercises, yoga, walking around the compound or using home exercise equipment. Exercise is a proven treatment for stress and depression.
The CDC and the WHO recommend several basic measures to help prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Contact a health worker if you have symptoms; fever and a dry cough are most common.
- DON’T touch your face.
- DON’T travel if you have a fever and cough.
- DON’T wear a face mask if you are well.