The beauty about being in a relationship is that you get to share things with your partner. While that is great you also need to remember that someone should be with you and accept you for who you are.
You don’t need to be with someone who will make you feel less of a person. There are people who are blessed with words but always remember that words can’t do anything if actions don’t match.
If you are dating a good man here is a list of things that he will not do to you, and if he does then he’s not a good man.
1. Never pick on your looks – You may not be Heidi Klum, Halle Berry etc but a good man will never pick on your looks or ask you to wear make up or dress in a certain way. A good man will never demean you or make you feel any less of a person. Your self esteem is important to him as it is to you.
2. Invade your privacy – In a healthy relationship, there is no need to hide anything. Texts, emails, facebook messages, whatever. But that doesn’t mean your partner has the right to snoop through them if you happen to leave your phone around or your computer open. (Unless you have done something suspicious) Someone who does this is showing massive insecurity on their part and is likely projecting their own infidelities and issues onto you. This should not be ignored.
3. Never discourage you – A sign of a person’s confidence in themselves is how they help to support the ambition of others. A good man will always be willing to help and support those around him and will never be discouraging or insulting.
4. Recognize your value – If you have to constantly prove your worth to someone then they are not worth the time. You should be with someone because they value and appreciate who you are not how well you trace yourself for them.
5. Make you feel like an afterthought – While a relationship shouldn’t be someone’s entire life, it’s certainly a large part of it. I’ve heard too many stories about women who constantly get cast aside for “guy’s night” or something similar. A man should have have a network and individuality, sure. But there is a difference between leading an active social life, and knocking the woman in your life further and further down your priority list. If you feel like you’re waiting for him to come home more than you’re actually with him, it’s time to step back and take another look at where your relationship is going.