Multi-talented Citizen TV’s Willis Raburu recently set the internet abuzz after he revealed that he wants to have 12 children together with his wife Mary. The jovial and funny media personality made this confession two days ago during his wife’s birthday in a sweet post he shared on Instagram.
“Happy birthday to my #Morkich #MySoulTatoo #MyFavour my personal naughty girl, and the future mother of my 12 kids 😉😉😉😉 I love you, my wife, my rock, my all.”
The beautiful woman from the mountain region was excited and she replied;
“Thank you, I love you so much my husband my babyboo my personal badboy my priest my best friend.”
This ignited mixed reactions among the couples fans and some even mocked Raburu asking him if he was planning to start a football team. Raburu is God fearing man and he recently revealed that it is because of his better half that he is a changed man.
“Listen, do NOT be fooled. I am who I am today and will continue to grow and succeed because of the prayers of my Wife. She is beautiful on the outside and the inside. Marya Prude Raburu I celebrate, honor and love you. Thank you for drawing me closer to God,” he posted on Facebook accompanied by the photo below.
Well, for those who seem shocked by Raburu’s plan to have 12 children, calm down.
He chose number 12 because of his spiritual background. And 12 is a symbolic number in the Bible which is considered a perfect number, symbolizes God’s power and authority, as well as serving as a perfect governmental foundation.It can also symbolizes completeness or the nation of Israel as a whole. For example, Jacob (Israel) had twelve sons, each of which represented a tribe begun by a prince, for 12 princes total. Ishmael, who was born to Abraham through Hagar, also had twelve princes.
Number 12 is mentioned 187 times and Revelation alone has 22 occurrences of the number 12. For example, these are the verses where number 12 is mentioned;
1. There was even a woman who had suffered from a blood hemorrhage for 12 years (Luke 8:40).
2. New Jerusalem, which is made in heaven and brought to the earth by God himself, contains 12 gates made of pearl which are each manned by an angel. Over each gate will be one of the names of Israel’s twelve tribes. The walls are 144 cubits high (12 multiplied by itself – Revelation 21:16 – 17), with the city itself being 12,000 furlongs square.
3. There are 12 historical books in the Bible: Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Sam, 2 Sam, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther.
4. God specified that twelve unleavened cakes of bread be placed every week in the temple with frankincense next to each of the two piles that were to be made. The priests were commanded to change the bread every Sabbath day (Leviticus 24)
5. Twelve thousand will be taken from the earth so that they may serve the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ (Rev 14:1-5)
6. There were 12 loaves of permanent offerings on the golden table (Lev 24:5)
7. Solomon had 12 administrators in his kingdom (1 Kings 4:7)
8. There were 12 explorers or spies sent into the land of Canaan (Due 1:23)
9. There were 12 men who laid 12 stones in building a monument to the Lord (Joshua 4:3)
Raburu’s revelations of having 12 children sent tongues wagging and here are the reactions
Wanga: Hehehehe kumi na mbili yaye…wololo Mary wewe iko siiiida hehehehe.
Nancie: 12 kwani Ni Team unaanza?
Monica: Ati 12 kids you might be kidding.
Roselyn: Eti 12 Kids iyo itaitwa team gani?
Karen: Nimekwama hapo kwa 12 kids
Gabriel: Twelve kwani ni football team?
Weke: Ati 12 kwani ni disciples?
Shem: Hapo kwa future wife of 12 kids ndo imenibamba zaidi
Chris: Kwani ni football team?
Irene: Haha 12 Kids! Odd numbers are best, ongeza moja.
Nanjala: 12 kids! hahaha wish you well, labour is too painful for that number.