Terrence Creative and Ayeiya

Exclusive: I lost my friend Ayeiya on the day of my ruracio – Terrence

Terrence Kamami has opened up on how the death of the late Churchill comedian Ayeiya shocked him, given that it happened on the day of his ruracio.

The late comedian, born Emmanuel Makori Nyambane, but popularly known as Ayeiya  died after his car hit a pole near the Catholic University of Eastern Africa on Magadi Road.

‘My wife dumped our 6 month old baby in my office’ Cries city man


In an exclusive interview with Classic 105, Terrence says that he is yet to overcome the death of his friend

“One of my lowest moment is the day I lost my friend because Makori (Aayeiya) it was the same day I was going for my ruracio.

I received messages that he had breathed his last. I do not even want to talk much about it.

It was and it still is the saddest day of my life because he was a brother and a friend.

However the ruracio went on well, as it was happening in Eldoret.

Ayeiya was coming from a show in Carnivore when the accident happened in Rongai, it is very sad.”

‘My husband must smell my cookie jar every day after work,’ woman cries

Ayeiya' memorial service

In a past interview, Terrence opened up about his tough childhood while growing on the streets.

Growing up, Terence thought of how he could walk out and go look for food because there was little in the granny’s house.


“My parent died when I was nine years old, and the same year, I started smoking. I quit smoking a year ago.

That is how I became a street kid for seven years at only nine. I started using drugs. I was a chokora but at least I knew how to speak English.

Life was not easy, and so he became a drug peddler so he could get money.”

Terrence creative

Terence would also fake disability so he could get pity from people.

“I sold scrap metals as well and I became a thug. I would snatch bags from people and steal side mirrors za gari za watu.

Bhangi was present for me in the environment that was present. If my fans met me like 15 years back, they would find I was drooling because of the drugs.”

All this, Terence said, was out of frustrations in life and lack of hope. “I was almost raped in Eastleigh,” he recalled.

His brother, who was also in the streets, was rescued first. He recommended Terence, and that is how Muli saved his life.

“I went to Saint Bridget as a ‘chokora’ day scholar, where I scored 201 out 700 marks. This means I would go to school, then after school go to the street to beg for money and wait for hotels to be closed.

We would go and wash utensils for them and feed ourselves,” he said.

At Muli’s Children’s Home, Terence went through rehabilitation for three years, returning to school where he joined class 3.

Read more



Photo Credits:

Read More:

[fbcomments data-width="100%"]