It’s cold and the best time to give this recipe a shot.
Comfort food is food that provides a nostalgic or sentimental value to someone and may be characterized by its high caloric nature, high carbohydrate level, or simple preparation.
Chicken fried rice is the type of comfort food you need in a time crunch
- mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 3 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve garden vegetable rice
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Diced carrots
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoon of cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- In the bowl with the shredded chicken, add the salt, pepper, soy sauce, cornflour then mix well until evenly coated. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Put oil in a frying pan, let it get heated. Follow with your chicken and stir fry your chicken on high heat. Fry for 5-6 minutes until evenly brown. Remove a set aside on a plate.
- In a different pan, add your sesame oil in a pre-heated pan, followed by 2 eggs side by side. Add pepper and salt to taste. Scramble lightly for 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add your chopped onions, ginger, and garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add the diced carrots. Pinch of salt and spices of your desire. Add green peas to the same skillet. Saute for 2 minutes or more.
- Add the already pre-cooked rice into the sauteed vegetables. Stir thoroughly. At this point, you can add more spices to your liking. Followed by 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir well.
- Sprinkle the chicken and scrambled eggs over the rice mixture. Stir thoroughly for over 2 minutes. Add spring onions if you have but not a must.
- Serve to plate while hot.