– Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are having their first baby now due in the Spring of next year, Palace reveals
– The couple made the announcement after they touched down in Sydney on Monday morning
– The Royals arrived in Australia for their first major international tour since they were married in late May
-The pair were seen holding hands as they stepped off the plane, with Duchess of Sussex beaming on arrival
– Meghan was wearing a black turtle-neck top, while Prince Harry wore a grey jumper over a smart shirt
– They will also visit Fiji, Tonga and New Zealand, with the main event this year’s Invictus Games held in Sydney
Meghan Markle is pregnant with her first child and told the Queen and the rest of the royal family at Princess Eugenie’s wedding on Friday, it was revealed today.
The happy news came hours after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex touched down in Sydney for their first major international tour since their wedding in May.
A Kensington Palace said: ‘Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.
‘Their Royal Highnesses have appreciated all of the support they have received from people around the world since their wedding in May and are delighted to be able to share this happy news with the public’.
Rumours were rife that Meghan may be pregnant after her mother Doria Ragland was seen taking baby-care classes in Pasadena with a view to looking after her new grandchild.
Royal sources have said her mother may move to London from the US to help her look after the baby because Meghan does not want to hire staff or a nanny after the baby is born and so is keen to fly her mother in to provide extra support.